Chapter 30

read the note at the end please! thank you :)

FRIDAY

Two days flew by and before I knew it, it was performance day in music class.

The girls from class had decided that we all needed to wear jean shorts and tank tops. I had to borrow shorts and a belt from Dani but I had a few tank tops Zoey had given me, I was wearing a red one that was way too low cut and tight for my liking.

I didn’t wear this outfit to school though, that was way too much exposure. I changed into it between lunch and music.

Liz hadn’t said or done anything to me, thankfully. I was able to do my part and learn the choreography in peace.

When I walked back into the classroom, almost everyone was there. Nearly everyone stared at me as I walked in. I folded my arms over my stomach and tried not to look at anyone.

I already wanted to run out of the room crying, how the hell was I expected to sing and dance? The thought made me nauseous

“You look so pretty!” Natalie grinned at me when I sat next to her.

“Thanks.” I mumbled quietly.

“I think all the guys are staring at you.” She giggled.

I sighed and tried not to look around me. I didn’t want to see their faces, I didn’t want to even think about them.

 “I’m going to let you all take half of the period for practice and touch ups. Then during the second half, you will perform and receive comments from myself and the group that isn’t performing.”

“At least we know he’s not performing with them.” Natalie said to me as the guys all went into the hallway.

We ran through everything five times with no issues, we were ready by the time the guys came back in.

“Ladies get the floor first.” Will called.

“We will be performing Stronger by Kelly Clarkson.” Michelle said before the music started.

Thanks to you I got a new thing started

Thanks to you I'm not the broken-hearted

Thanks to you I'm finally thinking about me

You know in the end the day you left was just my beginning

In the end...

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger

Stand a little taller

Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone

What doesn't kill you makes a fighter

Footsteps even lighter

Doesn't mean I'm over cause you're gone

The entire performance went really well including my solo. I think it was good that I had one towards the end of the song because by the time I sung, I was able to ignore the people watching my every move.

I had worried a bit that I wouldn’t be able to get past people staring and that would mess me up but I didn’t do too bad.

The guys sung “Hey Jude” by The Beatles. I thought it was boring and unoriginal.

When the bell rung, I relaxed slightly. I didn’t like that a couple of people had still been staring at me. I hid behind my hair as they left the room, praying that no one would be brave enough to talk to me.