Chapter 20

***WILL’S POV***

“So, Will,” my mom started the questions once they left the room. “care to tell us why you suddenly have three younger girls living with you and didn’t tell us?”

“I had to find a way to help them.” I said, quietly.

“With what, son?” my dad asked. I looked at them and saw they were just curious, not angry or upset looking.

“Getting away from their father. Their mother stepped out and left them with their abusive father.”

“I feel like there is a lot more to this story.” My dad said. “Tell it from the beginning.”

So I told them everything, about Ash, about the eating disorder and about the almost rape. By the end, they sat staring at me. My mother had a hand pressed to her mouth, as if she was horrified.

“You did the right thing, helping them, getting them out of it.” My dad finally said.

“How are you going to handle all of the financial details? Do you realize that you could lose your job?” my mom asked.

“I don’t know but what I do know is that I am willing to risk my career if I can save them.” I replied.

They stared at me again. “Will, you are in love with your student.” My mom stated.

I rubbed my forehead and sighed. “Yeah, I am.”

I saw something click in my moms expression. I could practically see her mind at work, forming a plan.

“Her mom wants to sign custody over to someone, right?” she asked, I nodded in response. “She could sign it over to us. We have the money and plenty of room. Besides, your apartment is fairly boring.”

“Do you really think we could get her mom to sign custody to some strangers?” I asked, skeptically.

“Based on what you’ve said, she probably would. We just need to get Rainah to agree to let us help.” She replied.

“Mom, you are a genius.” I grinned. “I’ll work on the second part.”

“Will, if you want this to work, don’t rush things.” My dad spoke up.

“I won’t.” I said. I would not mess this up, it has to work.

“Good, now go join them.” He said, nodding.

I got up and headed upstairs.

“Hey guys.” I greeted them once I found them in Xaviers room.

“Just in time! I was about to show them your room.” Zoey told me with excitement.

I chuckled at her enthusiasm. “Alright, let’s go.”

I led them across the hall to my room. I held the door open for them as they walked in.

I heard Rainah gasp quietly as she took in my room. It had navy blue walls, wooden floors and wooden dressers. My bed was huge and covered with a blue and white stripped blanket.

But that wasn’t what made her gasp.

Hanging on the wall, I had two guitars, an electric and an acoustic. My electric was a bright red and orange color while my acoustic was a light wooden color. I also had an electric piano, similar to my one at home, beneath the guitars.

On the wall opposite my bed was an entire bookshelf. Half of it had books and the other half had CD’s. a large stereo rested in the center of the wall.

“Did you buy all of these?” Lily asked me, curiously.

“Lily, that’s rude.” Rainah scolded her, tearing her eyes away from the wall.