Chapter 10

yayyy uploads!!!!!!!

***WILL’S POV***

I walked out of the bedroom to give Rainah some privacy. Lily and Sky were back in their room, doing homework. I internally groaned, my mind was reeling and I felt a headache coming on. I had a lot of details to work out about them all living here. I do not regret the decision, its just going to be extremely complicated.

The first thing was simple, or at least simpler then the others, providing for four people. I had a fair amount of money saved but how long would it last with my teaching salary? I know Rainah is willing to get a job, but I want her to relax for a while.

Then there are my parents. I know they would be more then happy to help if they knew the entire situation, but Rainah would feel like a burden to us all.

Most importantly, if the school found out Rainah would be in so much trouble. I’d go to jail, which would suck but I’d do it for her. Then Sky and Lily would be taken away from her.

If the school finds out that a student is living with a teacher, or better yet, sharing a bed, then we are all screwed.

I feel like the best thing I could do is to talk to my parents. They could help me out a lot.

I went to the keyboard and started playing whatever came to me. I didn’t sing; I didn’t feel the need to. Music could speak for itself sometimes.

I don’t know how long I’d been playing when Rainah came back out. She sat on the couch, just listening, silently.

“You get yelled at?” I smirked at her after a minute. I turned to face her.

“She wasn’t happy with me. I’m going to get it at school tomorrow.” She smiled at me.

“I kind of figured.” I replied as I tried not to think about how beautiful she looked. “I don’t want you in Gym tomorrow because of your cuts. If you want, you and Dani can hang out in my office.”

“Alright, thank you.” She said, blushing slightly.

There was a knock on the door, Zoey and Xavier. Rainah visibly stiffened, her face was pale. What happened? The door can wait a minute.

“Rainah, look at me.” I said gently. “What is it?”

She bit her lip. “It’s stupid.” Her eyes were wide with…fear?

“What are you afraid of?”

“Your brother… What if he…?” she trailed off. It clicked. She thought Xavier might rape her. It makes sense, because of what he did; she’s scared of other guys. But then why does she trust me?

“He’s not like that. Besides I wouldn’t let him. I’ll be with you the entire time.” I told her, trying to soothe her. I saw her relax a bit.

“Okay. Let me go get Sky and Lily from their room.”

I nodded and went to the door.

“What took you so long? Its cold!” Zoey whined jokingly as she came in. Xavier followed behind silently. He had on a black hoodie and jeans that hid his pale skin, light brown eyes and long hair to match.

I laughed. “Sorry, Z.” I turned to my brother. “What’s up, Xavier?”

“Nothing really.” He replied, quietly.

I briefly looked at his expression under the hood. It was blank with no real emotion. I had expected the short answers. He has been like this for a few months now, it just really frustrated me. He refuses to tell anyone what’s wrong.