Epilouge

EPILOUGE

3 YEARS LATER

Why was I doing this? There was no way in hell I’d have any fun. I was nervous just thinking about it.

“Angel, are you alright?” Will came into the room of our apartment.

Will was twenty six now. He had only become more muscular since we moved.  He and I went to the local gym together two or three times a week to blow off steam and stay fit. That was his biggest physical change since we had moved.

His burning eyes stared into mine showing me he was paying close attention to how I was feeling about tonight.

He was wearing black jeans and a pale blue button up shirt. He. as always, looked perfect.

“Can you zip this?” I asked, turning around and holding up my long black hair.

His warm hands brushed my back as he zipped up the dress.

“Thank you.” I muttered, going into our bathroom and looking in the mirror.

The dress was strapless and a royal blue that made my eyes stand out. It was tight around my breasts and hips, there was a slit at the thigh on one side. It went down to my knees.

I currently weighed 127 pounds, my doctor here was content with it. Will told me I was more gorgeous then ever. I had decided this was a healthy weight for me. I wasn’t in treatment anymore, I still talked to Leah and Amber when I could.

I was still struggling with self injuring. It only happened maybe once a month or so.

“You look fine.” He came up behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist.

“Do I?” I grabbed my concealer and my eye liner.

“You don’t need that,” he sighed, looking at the concealer. “It’s not noticeable.”

The concealer was for the scar from my father biting my neck.

“Are you sure?”

“Yes and it’s not like I’m letting anyone that doesn’t know get close enough to find out.” He pointed out.

I nodded, putting it away.

When Will had first seen the bite marks, he had been appalled and angry, I had thought it was directed at me. I had tried to run from him. the whole thing was a miscommunication that caused a huge fight between us.

“Are you sure you want to go?” he asked, leaning against the counter as I applied a bit of make up.

“Positive.” I replied. “I’m just nervous.”

There was a sudden knock at the door, my hand jerked making me smear mascara on my face.

I was still somewhat skittish so things like this happened a lot. I was used to it and so was Will.

“Fuck!” I exclaimed.

Will laughed and handed me a tissue. “I’ll get it.”

I quickly wiped it off and heard Will talking to my three friends from Berklee. I assumed they had brought their boyfriends as well.

My new friends, Tasha, Nicole and Julia, were amazing. We all became friends in the first month of my first year. Tasha had been at the school for a year already but Nicole and Julia were also new. They slowly gained my trust and I eventually told them my story, they also told me their own in return.

It turns out Nicole is bulimic, Julia has leukemia and Tasha self injures a lot. They helped me recover and I did my best to help them as well.

Will was concerned after my first week of college because I seemed to be upset every day. I didn’t think I was good enough to be there and I was still pretty afraid of people.