Chapter 43

The next day in the afternoon, Zoey and I sat in the back of the Jeep on our way to get Dani. Will and Xavier sat in the front. Shane was going to meet us at the mall in the next town over.

“Hey guys!” Dani greeted us when she got in the car, I moved to the middle seat.

“Dani, did you see that Victoria’s Secret and Forever 21 are having huge sales today?” Zoey asked her excitedly.

“We are going to both of those stores first then.” Dani declared.

“Why did I agree to this again?” I muttered.

Xavier snorted and Will was grinning.

“Because you love me.” Zoey sung.

When we got there, we met up with Shane and Zoey dragged me to Victoria’s Secret. The guys trailed behind us.

“Are they coming in with us?” I asked Zoey, blushing.

“Yes.” She laughed.

I groaned. “I hate you.”

“If you want to find something on your own, Dani and I will distract them.” She told me.

“Fine.” I grumbled.

We went into the store and looked around. Shane and Xavier kept bringing me lacey lingerie just to make me blush. Will would hit both of them.

I wanted to pick out something to wear for Will when the time would come which I hoped was soon.

“Zoey?” I called her.

She looked up at me, raising an eyebrow. I nodded at her to let her know it was time to distract the guys.

“Guys! You have to smell this.” She exclaimed, getting everyone’s attention.

When I knew everyone was paying attention to her, I grabbed what I wanted and ran to the dressing room.

It was still hard to look into a mirror and see my weight gain. I tried not to focus on my stomach when I tried things on but I couldn’t help it.

I had decided to buy a lacey forest green bra and matching panties. I honestly didn’t know if Will would like it or not, I was scared he’d hate it or get freaked out by my scars.

Just as the woman put it in the bag, arms went around my waist.

“Hiding from me, angel?” Will asked, playfully.

“Nope.” I smiled as we walked out of the store.

The others were already looking around Forever 21. The clothes here were for more bold and unique styles. A lot of colors, patterns, v necks and short skirts.

I grabbed a few sweaters, shirts and pants. I avoided neon colors or incredibly revealing stuff. When Zoey and Dani came over, they were not impressed.

“Those things are like stuff you already have.” Zoey pointed out.

“You need to show off your figure.” Dani added.

They made me grab a few dresses, skirts and v necks. Will watched this, frowning.

“Don’t try this stuff on if you don’t want to.” He said.

“I know.” I replied. I didn’t want to but it would make them happy.

I went into the dressing rooms and tried stuff on. I liked what I had picked, I was comfortable with it.

When I tried on the stuff they had liked, I grew increasingly frustrated with myself. It all looked hideous on me because I had gained weight.

I was too big for these clothes, they made me look uglier then I already did. My thighs are huge, my stomach is huge.