Chapter 56

***RAINAH’S POV***

When I came to my senses, I was completely lost and incredibly confused.

I was in a white room, sitting on a white couch. There were two white doors across from the couch. That was all the room had.

Where had the warehouse gone? And my father? Of course I was happy to be away from both those things but it just didn’t make sense. Where was I? How did I get here?

Will was no where in sight either. Where had he gone? Did he escape? Was he alive?

I felt no pain either, my leg wasn’t swollen, my chest didn’t hurt.

I also noticed I was in a silky white gown that matched the room. It went down just past my knees and had long sleeves.

I didn’t own a dress like this. It seemed far too expensive for my father to afford and it was way too nice to be from him. Where had I gotten it? Who had given it to me?

I had so many questions, many I could not answer.

“Hello?” I called out tentatively. I hoped someone would respond and be able to answer my questions.

My voice seemed to echo and there was no response. I was alone in this empty, strange room.

I stood up and walked around the room, searching for anything that could help me figure this out.

Just as I was contemplating venturing outside the room, one of the doors opened and a man entered the room.

He had short spiky black hair and bright blue eyes. He was tall and pale but had some muscle to him. He wore a white shirt and pants.

I ran and jumped on him, hugging him tightly for I had recognized him instantly. It was an eighteen year old Ash. I cried from the shock of seeing him.

How was this possible? It can’t be real. He’s dead and has been for four years. Was I dead or dreaming this?

“Hey, Rain.” His voice was deeper. He wrapped his arms around me in a warm embrace. He felt real to me.

After a few minutes, I pulled away. “Is this a dream?”

“Sort of.” He smiled sadly. “You are at a stage between life and death. You choose if you go back to earth or you come with me to heaven.”

I stared at him. I got a choice? Was that even possible? I had never heard of anything like this. No one believed anything similar to what he was telling me.

But I figured I should just go with it. I was seeing Ash and even if it was fake, I didn’t want to waste time with him by questioning him too much about it.

“I… don’t belong in heaven, Ash.” I went back to sit on the couch. “You know that.”

“Give me a reason.” He sat next to me.

“I got you killed.” I whispered, staring at the ground.

“I chose to save you. You didn’t stab me.” He pointed out. “I don’t regret my decision. Never have and never will.”

“So you are not mad at me?” I blurted out.

“Not at all. I’ve been watching over you. I know how much you blamed yourself. You have no idea how many times I wanted to tell you it wasn’t your fault.” He sighed. “The only reason I have to be mad at you for is cutting.”

“I’m sorry.” I said. I felt this huge feeling of relief set in because he wasn’t angry at me over his death. Even if this wasn’t real, it felt nice to hear it.