Chapter 47

***WILL’S POV***

Rainah was quieter for the rest of the day. She would smile and laugh but it would seem a bit forced. No one else seemed to catch it other than me.

If I got her alone and asked her about it, she would deny that anything was wrong. The conversation with Lily really got her mind thinking about everything she had been trying not to think about.

Her nightmares were pretty bad, I had no idea what they were about but I do know she tried to run to the bathroom and I had to stop her.

I hated having to hold her down, pinning her to the bed, waiting for her to calm down. I’ve had to do it multiple times but it hasn’t gotten any easier.

“I’m so sorry.” She whispered when she had calmed down. Her hand cupped my cheek.

I just nodded, moving off of her. I never knew what to say. I wanted to yell at her for wanting to cut but I wasn’t stupid, that wouldn’t help anything at all.

I fought to understand her self injury. I got why she did it. I just wished it was easier to stop.

“Care to talk about what was going on yesterday?” I asked her the next morning after breakfast.

“Lily just got me thinking again, that’s all.” She replied.

“And the nightmare?”

Her shoulders stiffened. “Memories.”

“I’m sorry, love.” I sighed. “Want to talk about it?”

“I want to forget about it.” She muttered.

My phone buzzed with a text from Shane.

R u guys coming tmrw night?

I groaned internally, the club. I can’t believe Shane made her a fake ID. What was even weirder is that she wanted to go.

Should I even allow it? She is incredibly under aged and vulnerable. What if we got caught? We would be in some serious deep shit.

If we went, I told her I would not drink and that was true. I needed to be alert and thinking clearly. I needed to protect her and make sure we didn’t get caught.

When I was drunk, I tended to let go of everything, rules or stresses. I would do things I would never do when I was sober.

For example, I’d dance on tables or try to kiss random girls or guys sometimes. I had been slapped or punched a lot.

Last time I went out was after I had gotten into a relationship with Rainah and I hadn’t made moves on or danced with anyone, according to Shane. I did however, stand on a bar and try to crowd surf.

Shane called it my YOLO mode which was somewhat accurate, much to my disliking of the term.

“Shane just asked if we are going with him tomorrow night.” I told her, wanting to hear her response.

“Do you want us to go?”

“I want to know if you want to go.”

“I don’t know.” She bit her lip.

“Why did you want to go?”

“It would be something different.”

I tilted her chin up to make her meet my eyes. Fear and nervousness tainted the sparkling blue eyes I loved.

“Let’s wait a while.” I suggested lightly. “I’m a bit worried about being recognized or if you get caught, we would be screwed.”

“Maybe I should wait.” She agreed. “Will Shane be angry?”