Chapter 52

The week passed in a blur, I was busy and stressed.

I had received no more texts or calls from my parents. I thought about my mothers message constantly. Was she in trouble? Did he hurt her? Was she just messing with me? I worried for her more then I wanted to admit.

Treatment was laying off a bit due to our last team meeting, I was grateful for that.

I had midterms next week so I was studying a lot, Will helped me as much as he could.

My mind kept replaying my audition for Berklee, I feared rejected but I wanted the letter to come sooner.

It was a Friday night, I was at Will’s apartment, studying Chemistry. All the symbols started blending together and nothing made sense. I was going to fail this test.

I hit my head on my textbook in frustration. Will had been sitting across from me, grading. He came over to my side and massaged my shoulders and the back of my neck.

“I’m going to fail.” I mumbled.

“No you won’t.”

All week, he has had to help me relax. I’ve been so tense and anxious since I had gotten the text from my mother.

“I’m done for tonight.” I decided, sitting up.

“Me too.” He agreed.

I stood and turned to kiss him. My arms around his neck.

“I’m taking a shower, care to join me?” I asked him.

I saw his eyes darken a bit with lust. “Of course.”

The next day, we went to the house for lunch. Dani had called me asking to come over to study after I ate.

When she arrived, I remembered I had left my books at the apartment last night.

“Will, can I steal the key to your apartment? I left my books there.” I asked, standing in the doorway of his room. Dani and I had been in my room.

“I’ll go grab them, you should stay here with Dani.” He got up.

“Thank you.” I smiled, kissing him quickly.

“Any time, love.” He replied.

“Any more hot sex lately?” Dani asked me when I came back into my room and shut the door.

“Don’t make me regret telling you.” I groaned, blushing.

“I could do much worse.” She countered.

“Please don’t.”

We talked and joked around for awhile, but after an hour, Will wasn’t back. I had no messages on my phone so I assumed he had just gotten sidetracked.

After another hour, I became concerned. What was taking him so long? Where was he? Maybe I sound a bit obsessive but Will has never been late without texting or calling me. He should’ve called me by now.

“Relax, he probably just had to run errands or talk to Shane.” Dani tried to reassure me after he didn’t answer his phone.

“He would’ve told me.” I muttered.

“I’m sure he’s on his way back right now.”

After another hour passed and I knew something was wrong.

I went to tell Xavier, Zoey, Bethany and David. They agreed that it was very unlike him to just go off without letting someone know. They suggested I call Shane.