Chapter 34

Chapter 34

THURSDAY

"You sure that you're okay with me going to a club?" Will asked me after everyone from music class had left. "I really don't have to go."

"I trust you." I replied. "Shane wants you to go with him, you deserve to go have fun."

"I'd have more fun if I was with you."

"Just give it a shot, it could be fun."

We went into his office and he sat in his chair, he pulled me onto his lap. I snuggled into his chest. I was so tired. I made myself stay awake in all my classes so I wouldn't fall behind. It was finally catching up with me.

"Tired, beauty?" he murmured in my ear.

Will didn't know I had been sleeping in my morning classes. It would only worry him if he knew.

"Yeah, sorry." I mumbled, my eyes were heavy.

"It's okay, go to sleep." he whispered. I let myself drift.

He woke me up a few minutes before the bell rung. We both got up and stretched.

"Do I have to play today?" I asked him.

"If you want a grade then yes." he grinned, tapping the tip of my nose.

"Fine." I groaned but I couldnt help but smile.

I grabbed my stuff as the bell rung.

"Bye, angel." he said before I walked out.

"See you in detention." I replied.

In gym today, Liz finally decided to speak to me. She came over with Stacy and some other random girl to talk to Dani and I.

"I want a rematch, freak." Liz said, glaring at me.

"Not happening." I replied. I wasn't going to fight her again. I would get in trouble this time and I knew it would only get me more attention.

"Scared you'll lose?" she smirked, she was trying to provoke me.

"I want to be the bigger person and walk away."I told her.

"You're sure as hell bigger." she laughed along with the rest of her group. "You know it too. You hide your ugly ass under those huge clothes."

My confidence started to disappear. That's exactly what I did and she hit it straight on. How long did it take her to figure that out?

"Am I right?" she asked, my expression gave away that she had hit a nerve.

"Ladies!" Will walked over. "Less talking, more playing!"

Liz gave me a satisfied smirk before leading her cliche away.

"Rain..." Dani said, putting a hand on my shoulder.

"I'm fine." I said, pushing past all my emotions and clearing my expression.

Will still stood in front of Dani and I. He watched me with calculating eyes. He knew I wasn't fine but there was nothing he could do about it here.

"Mr. Haynes," I said quietly, trying to hint that he needed to stop looking at me the way he was.

He snapped out of it and walked away.

"She wants to control you, she needs to feel superior." Dani told me.

"I know, I just gave her that again." I muttered.

Dani gave me a sympathetic smile as Will let us go change.