Chapter 21

Before I knew it, it was Monday afternoon, time for music. I was so nervous to sing today. I was putting everything on the line.

The weekend had ended quickly without any real problems. I had nightmares that Will helped me get through, Lily had a great time at her friends house, Sky and I did homework. I cut once and Will had me eat something small for every meal.

I was about to take a huge risk and I prayed it wouldn’t blow up in my face. I still wasn’t sure what I was hoping to get from this but I was still doing it.

“Good afternoon, Ms. Carson.” He greeted me as I walked in.

“Good afternoon.” I mumbled, not looking at him.

I walked in and Natalie was sitting in the chair next to mine. I had almost forgot that she was going to sit with me today.

“Hey, Rainah.” She smiled brightly at me.

“Hey.” I replied, trying to smile back. That was a challenge due to my stomach doing flips.

She looked at me. “Are you okay?”

“Yeah, just a bit nervous about today’s performance.” I answered honestly.

“But you’re amazing! I’m sure you will be perfect.”

“Thank you.” I stuttered in surprise.

The bell rung loudly and my stomach clenched with anxiety.

Maybe I shouldn’t do this, maybe it’s a mistake.

“Alright guys, so I figured I’d sing first to kick things off,” Will said, entering the room and going towards the stool in the front. “I’m going to sing Accidently in Love by Counting Crows.”

So she said what's the problem baby

What's the problem I don't know

Well maybe I'm in love (love)

Think about it every time

I think about it

Can't stop thinking 'bout it

How much longer will it take to cure this

Just to cure it cause I can't ignore it if it's love (love)

Makes me wanna turn around and face me but I don't know nothing 'bout love

Come on, come on

Turn a little faster

Come on, come on

The world will follow after

Come on, come on

Cause everybody's after love

            I sat there listening to every word. I was repeatedly asking myself who this was about. I hoped it was for me but I highly doubted it. But who else could it be?

So I said I'm a snowball running

Running down into the spring that's coming all this love

Melting under blue skies

Belting out sunlight

Shimmering love

Well baby I surrender

To the strawberry ice cream