Chapter 55

this is the chapter that makes me serously consider rating this as R. 

The door opened and my father came in, shutting the door behind him. He had an evil grin on his face that made me shudder. He was completely sober, appearing well rested and put together.

“Hello, darling daughter of mine.” he said to me. “Have a nice sleep?”

I didn’t know what he wanted me to say so I tried to play it safe and said nothing, that wouldn’t make me sound sassy or like I had an attitude. But apparently that was the wrong move.

“You will treat me with respect and answer when I speak to you.” He walked towards me and kicked me in the chest.

“You fucking asshole.” Will practically growled.

My father looked at him before kicking me a few more times. I tried to use my arms to protect myself from the blows. Blocking didn’t help much. The breath was knocked out of me.

“Do you know why I brought him here?” my father asked me, starting to pace the distance between Will and I.

“To keep me from fighting back?” I guessed, choosing my words carefully.

“That’s only part of it.” He replied. “This little shit you care so much about has been getting in my way. You disobeyed me by letting that happen. If you had let me have my way with you, he wouldn’t be here.”

“Do not listen to him. He wants you to think this is your fault-“ Will started to tell me.

“Shut the fuck up!” my father yelled at him and came back to kick me a few more times.

“Its okay.” I mouthed to Will who stared at me.

I could handle being kicked or hit. I was somewhat used to it.

“Take off your clothes.” My father ordered me.

I stared at him, frozen in fear. I knew I had to do what he wanted or Will would suffer. But I had hoped I could’ve figured out some way to get out of it.

“I’m sure you’ve done this for him many times.” He punched Will because I didn’t move. “Do it, now!”

Will stared at me in horror that easily matched mine. He didn’t care that his nose was bleeding from the blow to his face.

Hands shaking, I pulled off my shirt and set it on the cold floor next to me. I had to do this.

“Rainah, don’t.” Will’s eyes bored into mine. “I’ll be fine.”

Before I could say anything, my father slapped me, knocking me to the ground. He started kicking me again, it suddenly hurt a lot more then it had a minute earlier.

“Leave her alone!” Will yelled.

My father proceeded to kick me as hard as he could. It become harder to breathe.

“Are you not understanding?” my father asked Will. “Every time you talk, she gets hurt. If she doesn’t do as she’s told, I hurt both of you.”

I knew Will felt horrible before I even looked at him. He would feel like this was his fault. I felt bad for the times I caused Will to get hit.

Following directions was essential if I wanted Will to live through this. I just had to be my fathers play toy and Will may not get hurt any more.

Maybe Will could still escape while my father was occupied. He could free himself and go on with his life.

I had to turn off my own emotions. My only concern at this point would be to do what I was told so Will could find a way to escape.