Chapter 46

More time passed, things were good.

My father had made no more appearances. The girls seemed to forget about him. Everyone else remained guarded though.

Everyday he left us alone I got more concerned. He was probably waiting for us all to relax a bit before he pulled something big.

I was 110 pounds now. I was only getting one Ensure a week. It had been hard to resist the urge to cut but I had only slipped three times.

Currently, it was Christmas eve night. I was placing my gifts for everyone under the tree that we had all decorated a week ago.

We all went shopping together last week at the mall. I had managed to get everyone something with the money Bethany had given me.

I had gotten Lily a sparkly pink and red lava lamp, Sky a digital camera, Zoey a pink scarf and hat, Bethany some earrings and David a book I heard he wanted.

I had gotten Xavier and Will tickets to a Train concert. I knew they both liked Train and it would be something they could do together.

I got Dani some new paint brushes she had wanted.

Shane was here to say hey and give Will his present. He apparently also had something for me.

Will gave Shane a hat that said “Man Whore” while Shane gave him a shirt that said “I’m Whipped”. They did this type of thing every year.

“Rainah, your turn!” he sung, patting the seat next to him.

“Touch her and you die.” Will warned.

“See, you are whipped.” Shane said when I sat down.

“Never said I wasn’t.”

I was handed an envelope that when I opened had a fake ID. Sarah Jones, age 21.

“I was hoping to persuade you and Will to come out with me this Friday night.” He told me. “This would get you in but I know the bouncer so I doubt he’d even look at it.”

“I’ll think about it.” I replied after a second.

“Really?” Shane exclaimed at the same time Will said “What?”

“Maybe it’d be fun, I don’t know.” I shrugged.

“Are you crazy?” Will asked me.

“That is my queue to leave.” Shane jumped up. “Let me know about Friday.”

“Merry Christmas.” I smiled at him before he left.

Will just stared at me.

“You are seriously thinking about this?” he asked.

“I don’t know.” I replied, playing with a strand of my hair.

“I don’t think it’s a good idea.” He muttered. “A bunch of drunk people, dancing, trying to hit on you.”

“But I’d be with you.” I smiled. “Besides, I’ll get to see you drunk.”

“If we go there is no way I’m drinking.”

“Why not?”

“I need to look after you, especially if you were to drink.” He told me.

“I don’t need a babysitter.” I narrowed my eyes at him. No one needed to look after me.

“You know I didn’t mean it like that.” He gave me a look. “It would be your first encounter with alcohol, you have no idea how it will effect you. You will be vulnerable.”