Chapter 32

new cover thanks to MoonLightHaven!!

MONDAY

Zoey drove me to school now that I wasn’t with Will in the morning.

Last nights dream had the same idea of my father killing Will, but in this nightmare, he had sacrificed himself for me like Ash had. I cut after it.

I got around four and a half hours of sleep last night.

I wore a hoodie to block people from seeing my red eyes and the bags. It was incredibly unattractive.

The red eyes thankfully disappeared by lunch so Will wouldn’t ask as many questions.

“You look like a zombie.” Dani said when she saw me.

“Shut up, I know I do.” I groaned as we walked to Will’s room.

“How did this weekend go?” she asked.

I filled her in on everything quickly.

“How bad are the cuts?” she asked, stopping outside of his room.

“Pretty bad.” I admitted. She just sighed and we walked into the classroom.

Will was sitting at a desk, waiting for us. I saw he had 3 Starbucks cold drinks sitting on his desk.

“Yes!” I said, grabbing one. I had been struggling to stay awake all morning. “Thank you.”

“Figured you would need this,” he laughed. “Dani, I got you one as well. I had no idea what you like.”

“This is perfect.” She grinned, snagging one from Will.

“Rainah, you’re going to kill me for what we are doing in music.” He said. “This is my way of apologizing.”

“What are we doing?” I asked once I had chugged down half of the drink.

“Dancing.” He said. “Today and tomorrow are just line dances.”

“Shit.” I muttered. “Why?”

“The school board says I have to cover singing, dancing and basic instruments.” He replied. “Every few weeks, we’ll switch to another thing.”

“I actually have to dance with one of those guys?” I started panicking. The thought of one of them touching me was scary.

“Unless you want to be my partner and assist in demonstrations.” He said. He knew that would suck for me.

Then I realized he’d be dancing with one of these girls if I didn’t. they’d be all over him and I would just have to watch. Besides, I really didn’t want to be close to a guy in that class.

“I’ll be your partner.” I told him.

“Really?”

I nodded.

“Now I wish I was in your class.” Dani sighed. “I want to watch some of these guys dance.”

“It’ll be amusing.” Will smirked.

“Will you two be able to keep it student teacher appropriate?” she asked us.

“I will.” I nodded.

“I’ll try.” He said.

“I’m stepping on your foot if you get out of line.” I warned him.

“Fair enough.”

When the bell rang, Dani left and I took my seat.

Natalie sat with Liz today, I honestly couldn’t care less about it as long as they left me alone.