Chapter 42

The next day at lunch, Dani and I went to Will’s room. We were surprised to find Shane there as well. He was throwing paper balls at Will who just sat in his chair looking amused.

“Dani and Rain are here!” he looked from us to Will. “Come on, Willy! The least you could do for these ladies is clean up your room, this is a disaster!”

“You trashed my room, you’re cleaning it.” Will picked up a ball and threw it at Shane’s head.

“We both know that’s not happening.” He grinned. He gave Dani and I hugs but he pecked my lips quickly.

Will quickly picked up a book and threw it at Shane, it hit his back.

“Ow, fuck man!”

“She’s off limits.” He shrugged, grinning at me.

“Why are you here?” I asked Shane, grabbing a seat next to Dani.

“To harass him.” He replied.

“He wants to stay and watch me teach.” Will explained.

We all ate lunch together. Dani and I listened to their bantering in amusement.

When the bell rung, Dani left and I went to my regular seat. Shane sat next to me, watching people come in.

“Hey, Rain.” Michelle smiled at me. She looked at Shane then me with a confused expression.

“That’s a friend of mine, his name is Shane.” Will told her from the front of the room.

She nodded and sat on my other side, glancing at him.

“Alright everyone,” Will said when the bell rung. “My friend Shane is going to be here today, ignore him.”

“That hurt my feelings.” Shane whined jokingly.

“Shut up.” Will told him. “Requesting day, I’m picking first. ”

People sang random songs, some were good, some were not. I wasn’t picked thankfully. I was not good at requests because I wasn’t a fan of the people in the class.

The bell rung and people left. Shane yawned.

“You should’ve been up there singing and dancing.” He said to me.

“No way.” I laughed.

“If I gave you a request right now, would you do it?” he asked.

“Maybe.” I shrugged as Will shut the door.

“Born This Way.”

“Alright.” I got up. “Will, can you get the music? Oh, Shane, I’m picking something for you after I go.”

“Deal.” He agreed as I heard music. Will went and sat next to Shane.

I'm beautiful in my way

'Cause God makes no mistakes

I'm on the right track, baby

I was born this way

Don't hide yourself in regret

Just love yourself and you're set

I'm on the right track, baby

I was born this way, born this way

Ooh, there ain't no other way, baby, I was born this way

Baby, I was born this way

Ooh, there ain't no other way, baby, I was born this way