Chapter 4

The rest of the night was pretty boring. I made dinner, which I didn’t eat, I did homework and I listened to some music. Sky and Lily had just gone to bed and I was getting ready to go to bed, when my phone buzzed.

Will u need a ride tmrw?

Nope, mom left me the car. Thx tho

Remind me 2 stay off roads tmrw then ;p

I laughed. I was a good driver, but he’d never believe me if I told him.

Goodnite will

Goodnite Rainah J

I put my phone down and went to sleep.

“Rain.” Someone was shaking me. My eyes snapped open. I saw Lily standing next to my bed, crying. I quickly glanced at the clock, 2:37. I grabbed Lily and held her in my lap, trying to soothe her. She has nightmares probably about once a week. They always are Dad killing me.

When she finally calmed down, we both lay back down and went back to sleep.

When I woke up this morning, my head hurt and I was even more tired then normal. I speed-showered with cold water, trying to wake up. I threw on clothes, put cover up on the bruises and woke up Sky and Lily. They ate pop tarts and I had a banana.

I hustled them into the blue Honda Accord that sat in the garage and sped to get them to school.

MUSIC CLASS

I walked into music and took my normal seat. Mr. Haynes sat on his desk, strumming a guitar. He glanced up at me and grinned before he looked back at the guitar. The class filed in as the late bell rang.

“Today, we are just doing requests because I’m lazy.” He said. The class cheered, I just laughed quietly. “The requests can be groups, duets or solos.”

A cheerleader, Natalie, raised her hand. She looked like a stereotypical cheerleader, long blonde hair and blue eyes. “Can you sing ‘Man Who Can’t Be Moved’ by The Script?”

He grinned. “Sure.” He started strumming his guitar, I loved this song!

Going back to the corner where I first saw you

Gonna camp in my sleeping bag, I'm not gonna move

Got some words on cardboard, got your picture in my hand

Saying if you see this girl can you tell her where I am

Some try to hand me money, they don't understand

I'm not broke I'm just a broken hearted man

I know it makes no sense, but what else can I do

How can I move on when I've been in love with you

'Cause if one day you wake up and find that you're missing me

And your heart starts to wonder where on this earth I could be

Thinking maybe you'll come back here to the place that we'd meet

And you'd see me waiting for you on the corner of the street