Chapter 27

please vote and comment! :)

When I woke up and I heard the shower on. I got up and went out to find something to eat.

As I ate a bowl of cereal, I allowed myself to think.

I told my parents that I’d ask Rainah if she’d help them get guardianship today. I honestly wasn’t sure she’d agree to it. Hopefully I would be able to persuade her if she was unsure.

“Good morning.” She said, coming out of the bedroom.

“Good morning,” I replied, kissing her cheek. “I’m going to go shower, get some breakfast.”

When I came back out after my shower, Rainah was sitting on the couch listening to music on my laptop. She smiled at me when I sat next to her.

“Can I talk to you about something?” I asked her.

She turned off the music and put the laptop on the table. “What’s up?”

“I’m just going to say it alright?” I continued after she nodded. “My parents were wondering if you could help them try to get custody of you and the girls.”

Her jaw dropped. “What? How much do they know? Why would they want to do that?”

“They know a lot. I had to explain why the three of you were staying with me.” I told her. “They want to help with finances and help the girls live normal lives.”

She sighed, biting her lip as she thought this over. I knew it was a bit rough to bring up that the girls haven’t been able to be normal but I knew that would help her see it as a good idea.

“I think it’s a good idea.” She said finally, looking up at me.

“Really?” I asked, surprised. I had expected her to ask tons of questions and then say no but she had done the opposite.

“Yeah, if we lived with them your life would be easier and so would Sky and Lily’s.”

She had left out herself, I wasn’t sure if that was because she didn’t even take into account her own happiness or she did but didn’t find it important enough to include. It was as if she thought that if everyone else was happy, she could at least pretend to be.

“What about you?” I watched her expression carefully.

“I’d be fine.” She smiled but it didn’t reach her eyes.

“Don’t lie to me.”

She looked away and let the smile drop. “It would be a bit difficult for me.”

“Tell me why.” I urged, taking her hand.

“Its stupid.” She replied, shaking her head.

“I doubt it.”

“I’d miss you.” She admitted. “I rely on you too much.”

“We’d still see each other all the time.” I reassured her. I knew I would miss seeing her around the apartment.

“Not at night.”

I hadn’t thought about that part. She’d have to deal with the nightmares by herself once again. They still happened almost every night. Just thinking about her sobbing alone made me cringe. Neither of us would sleep well, I’d be worried about her.

“Maybe I can talk to my parents about you staying with me once the girls are adjusted.” I said, brainstorming. “We can talk to them about it today.”