Chapter 17

i had a break through of inspiration with this story! please vote and comment!

We split up to go change. I noticed that I was less afraid to face Will then I was the first time we swam. Of course I was still uncomfortable, but I doubted I could ever be completely confident with myself.

I walked out of the locker room a few minutes later with my towel folded over my arms that were crossed. I saw Will just as he dove into the deep part of the pool.

The way he did it had so much grace and beauty to it, it looked serene as he just fell into the water. He came up, flipped his hair out of his eyes and saw me.

“Come on in.” he said.

I put my towel down on a bench and slowly walked to the side of the pool. I stood there staring at the water for a brief second before I jumped in.

The cold water brought a rush of chills as I went under. Moments later, warm arms were around me, bringing me back up.

“Has it always been this cold?” I asked as he let go of me.

“Yup.” He replied. He splashed me and swam off to the other side of the pool.

“Jerk,” I grumbled as I swam slowly towards him. I heard him laughing.

I chased him for a few minutes before I swam to the side and surrendered.

“Alright, you win.” I smiled, slightly breathless.

He swam over to me quickly as if he was slicing through the water. He stopped at the wall next to me.

“So are you seriously okay about what Liz said?” he asked suddenly.

“I’m not upset over what she said, she just made me think about some things.”

“Like what?”

“Let’s not talk about this at school, please?” I sighed. I really didn’t want to talk about it at all.

He agreed and glanced at the clock, it was time to head back to the locker rooms. We both climbed out and quickly tried to dry off a bit.

“Xavier is going to pick you up again so that people don’t see me driving you, Zoey has a doctors appointment so she can’t.” he told me before I left. “Is that alright?”

“Yeah, of course.” I said, smiling slightly. I liked Xavier, he understood me to an extent.

He looked like he wanted to say something else but he stopped himself and shook his head. He quickly said goodbye and I went back into the locker room.

The bell rung loudly and soon enough, girls walked in. I didn’t see Liz, thankfully. Natalie wasn’t here either. Some girls were whispering and staring at me, I wrapped a towel around myself feeling self conscious.

“Rainah!” I heard Dani call. I looked around and saw her just entering. She ran and came to a stop in front of me. “I heard about music class, you okay?”

“I’m better now.” I replied as she changed into a swim suit.

“I heard Haynes was pissed.”

“Yeah, he was. He said I should’ve hit her.”

“I agree with him. I’d even punch her for you if you want.”

I chuckled. “I think I’m good.”

We walked out to the pool just as Will was getting ready to start class.