Chapter 59

Kendra's P.O.V.

One month later

"Bye!" I said hugging Perri, Jade, Jessy and Leigh Ann at the same time. "see ya soon!" Jade smiled

"bye Chell!" i said hugging her "i'm guessing i'll see ya at Em's birthday?!" she asked "i don't know...it's up to her!" i said releasing her from my grip.

"Okay...bye!" i said and with that i walked out the door.

Emma's P.O.V.

October! my favourite month! all the colours of the leaves and the crisp air. at the end of the months you get to dress up and go to random peoples houses and get candy! but the main reason why it's my favourite is because...the 14th is my birthday!

"So what do you wanna do for your birthday?!" Kendra asked sitting next to me on the couch "um..i wanna have Lacy (my best friend) over and...Parri and the girls and Michelle and Niall and Lilly and Jen and Lou and O over!" i said all in one breath. "i haven't met Lacy yet have i?!" Kendra said almost shocked "well...after dad died i haven't seen her much" i admitted sadly. "well don't you see her in school?!" She asked and i just sat there. "Em...what going on?!" she asked worried. i hesitated but then spoke "since dad died...i haven't been around a lot of my friends" i admitted "why not?!" Kendra asked worried "because...because...they don't wanna hang out with...someone who lives with their grandma!" i said sadly "but you don't-" i cut her off "i thought if i told everyone you'd get mad and-" she cut me off. "Emma!...i'm not ashamed that i'm taking care of you!" She yelled. i just sat uncomfortably "invite Lacy...and any other friend you want!" she said wrapping her arm around me "Lacy...is...my only friend" i said hesitantly and Kendra's face went blank. "okay" she whispered.

~~~~

A week latter

I rolled out of bed that morning and looked at my iPod. the 16th of October!

I jumped up and ran out of my room, through the empty family room(that had nothing in it) and up the steps followed by Rusty.

"Mornin' sunshine!" Kendra smiled flipping pancakes. "mornin'!" i smiled and sat down at the table.

"When's everyone comin'?!" i asked as Kendra placed a plate of pancakes in front of me. "later!" she smiled

"well...what are we doin' in the mean time?!" i asked confused "you are going to get dressed and then go into the front yard and i'll be waiting!" Kendra explained "waiting for what?!" I asked stuffing some pancakes in my face. "you'll see" She smiled. "well...what should i wear?!" I asked stuffing some more food in my mouth. "...um...anything!" Kendra said flipping some more pancakes giving no hits as to where we were going.

i smiled and jumped out of my chair and ran down stairs to get dressed.

I put on a pair of light blue shorts and a white t-shirt. i put my hair up in a messy bun and put on my white converse that were covered in light blue lace.

I brushed my teeth then ran out of my room, through the empty family room, up the stairs, through the kitchen and out the front door.

When i got out side Kendra was standing in front of a limo! and standing next to her was Lacy!

"LACY!" I shrieked "EM!" She shrieked back and we ran into each others arms and hugged.

"Okay you two!...get in!" Kendra said opening the limo door "wait!...get in...this?!" i asked pointing to the limo "YES!...now get in!" She ordered and Lacy and I jumped in the limousine followed by Kendra.

~~~~

We stopped in front of a mall and i looked at Kendra confused "anything you want...is on me!" she smiled and got out of the car.

~~~~

"Few!" i said slumping down onto the couch, dropping my bags on the way down. "that was fun!" Lacy screamed, jumping beside me, landing so her legs were under her. "Yah!" i shrieked

"okay! i'm gonna put my stuff away!" i said walking towards the basements door. "NO!" Kendra screamed, stopping me in my tracks. "i'll take them down!...You and Lacy take the fruit platers out back!...their in the fridge!" She instructed taking my bags and walking towards the stairs.

We obeyed and walked out side to the fully decorated back yard. "WOW!" I said surprised by the yard.

All of a sudden everyone popped out from behind tabled and bushes! "SURPRISE!" they all screamed.

it scared me so much that i threw the fruit platter up in the air and then it came crashing down on me. everyone laughed and when i looked down i realized i had dip and fruit all over me. I laughed and turned around to go get changed but, Kendra was standing in the door way laughing and covered in fruit and dip too! "i came out at the wrong time!" she laughed and wiped some dip away from her face.

"Can i go get changed?!" i asked still laughed "yes!" Kendra smiled and walked into the house. i followed and so did everyone else.

"We have a surprise waiting for you down stairs so you have to close your eyes!" Kendra ordered and i obeyed.

Every step i took it felt like i was falling down the steps but when i finally reached the floor everyone seemed to disappear.

I opened my eyes to everyone standing in the middle of the family room but, i wasn't empty...it had a couch, a coffee table and a big flat screen T.V. in it.

I gasped at the sighted "SURPRISE!" They all screamed and Kendra ran over and hugged me.

"we thought you might want your own space to just...hang out!...so...here ya go!" she smiled wrapping her arm around my shoulder "thanks mo-"

Wait! what was i just about to say?! MOM?! what if she doesn't want to be called mom?!...of course she doesn't!...well not by me! i'm not her kid!

"Thanks Kendra!" i corrected myself

~~~~

I rolled out of bed the next morning and went straight out to the now full furnished family room.

~~

"Hey!" Kendra said walking down the stairs "hey!" i said not taking my eyes off the T.V. "you like?!" she asked sitting next to me on the couch "YES!" i shrieked

"listen...we need to talk" Kendra said shutting the T.V. off. "Whats up?!" i asked focusing all my attention on her. "um...i should have asked you this along...but...would you like me...to become...your legal guardian?!" She asked hesitantly and i froze. "um...yah!" I said, taking awhile for her words to sink in "Great!...i'll go and do the paper work this after noon" she said and we sat uncomfortably.

"Okay...well...i'm gonna go wake Jay up" Kendra said walking towards the stairs.

"hey!....um...Kendra?!" i said, stopping her in her tracks. "Thanks...mom" i said hesitantly. Kendra just smiled and walked up stairs.