Chapter 49

Kendra's P.O.V.

"We would like to call Kendra Evens to the stands" said a lawyer. (i'm not sure which one since i had zoned out until i heard my name) i stood up and walked towards the stand.

"Put your hand down" said a man holding a bible. i obeyed and put my hand on the bible "raise your right hand" he instructed and i did so. "do you swear to tell the truth and nothing but the truth?!" he asked "yes" i replied and the man walked away and i sat in the box.

"So Kendra...you and Harry were engaged...is that true?!" the lawyer asked "yes" i said "and you broke it off right?!" the lawyer continued "yes" i replied "and both you and Harry went though depression...is that also true?!"

"Yes" i said again

"and tell me what happened that night" the lawyer order "well...we were all at a bar and Jason and i were talking and Harry got jealous and the two got in a fight" i explained plainly "what happened after?!" he asked "well Harry left and Jason and I continued talking" i continued

"you didn't kiss Jason or take him howe with you?!" he asked "i kissed him but that was it" i explained "and why is that?!"

"Because Jason's not that kind of guy!" i almost yelled

"had you known Jason was going to get hurt that night would you have taken him home with you?!" the lawyer asked "yes! of course!" i yelled "did you know he was going to get hurt?!" he asked looking me dead in the eye "NO!" i screamed

"yes but any girl would have offered to take a good looking mad such as Jason home especially after kissing him!...maybe you wanted him to go back ti his house!"

"And what would be the reasoning behind that?!" I asked quickly "revenge...on something in your past" the lawyer said plainly. i jut shook my head "Jason was a great friend! and i have a way better life then he ever had and i don't see why i would be mad at him for something that happened so long ago!" i yelled

"he was a great friend while he wasn't popular" the lawyer said quickly "when he was popular he would tease you wouldn't he...call you names...people out grow feeling but they don't ever grow out of being called 'fat' or 'stupid'!" the lawyer yelled

"you have no proof that i was even in his house that night!" i yelled "finger prints on the door handles and bedroom door frame...if you have nothing to hide you won't mind taking a quick test to see if they match" i agreed to the test since i had nothing to hid.

When the test came back positive i froze and flipped through my memory to find some explanation as to why my finger prints were found.

Flash back

I opened the door and all those T.V shows and movies about murders came to life right before my eyes.

The first thing i saw was blood stained clothes and then a white sheet that had turned red. then...there on the bed...cover in blood...was Jason!

I almost fell to the floor but i grabbed hold of the wall. i was about to throw up but i ran out of the room and phoned 911.

Real time

"Care to explain?!" the lawyer said with a devilish grin on "yes i would" i smiled back "the next morning i texted Jason and when he didn't text back i went to his house...that is how my finger prints got on the door handles...when i saw him i almost fell to the floor but i grabbed onto the wall instead!" I explained "it's never crossed your mind that he might be avoiding you or just didn't have his phone on?!" the lawyer asked. i just shook my head "even if his phone was off i still wanted to go out for lunch with him!...and if he was avoiding me i would want to know why!" i said simply "besides i though Harry was the suspect" i said quickly "he is...but i don't believe he did it by him self...maybe it's not you...but it's someone...the next morning did you notice anything strange about Harry?!" he asked as if i was never accused of the crime.

Flash back

Harry was sitting on the couch with his head in his hands.

~~~~

He seams...different today...he's never acted like this before! he so quite! Maybe he feels bad for hitting Jason!...

~~~~

"are you gonna get your stuff!?" i asked noticing he wasn't moving. "already up" he said plainly. i looked over at the door and noticed Harrys bags sitting on the floor.

~~~~

"Tell Ni and Chell i'm in the car" Harry said getting up and walking out the door "ok" i said a bit confused since he didn't say bye to Jady.

~~~~

"Mommy...why didn't daddy say good bye?!" Jady asked and i turned to face her "i don't know"

Real time

"No" i said plainly

This guy is a prick! trying to blame someone for this! he's a horrible lawyer! i shut down everything he held against me killing Jason!...i'm not letting Harry go to jail...not with this guy! making up stories! Wait! do you believe Harry did it?!...NO!

"And how many times have you changed your story?!" the lawyer asked me "excuse me?!" i yelled, offended by his remark "you can ask any police officer here and they will tell you, that was the exact same story i told them!" i yelled

"and if you ask me that was very unprofessional!" I continued "miss. Evens!" the judge yelled "what would you know about my profession?!" The lawyer yelled then the jury started chattering and everyone in the audience started talking

"OREDER! OREDER IN THE COURT!" the judge yelled and the room went silent. "thank you! miss.Evens that will be all" the judge said calmly.

I stood up and walked back to my seat in the audience.

If theres one thing you need to know about me is that i don't hold my tongue!

VOTE!!!

KEEP VOTING PLAESE!!!

THX!!!