Chapter 110

Patrick's POV:

I was in Colorado for a game for part of our two week roadie. It was the middle of the first period on a Saturday afternoon when I got pulled off the ice by Q screaming.

An team manager called me over and I was pissed.

"What the hell?" I yelled

"Come on, you need to get undressed now. There is a car waiting to take you to the airport on a private jet. Allie was in a bad accident that's all I know."

My heart dropped. I didn't waste another second. I started getting undressed and I grabbed my phone and sprinted to the car who sped to the airport. I called her parents and mine and they were already on their way to Chicago. I tried to call Allie and I don't know why... She obviously didn't answer. Anne wasn't answering and neither was Hannah.

I got on the plane and right behind me was the captain, my best friend. The plane was in the air trying to get to Chicago. As soon as we landed a car was there to take us to the hospital.

Tazer stayed in the waiting area with my kids, his kids and wife, and Hannah.

I walked into her room and she was hooked up to so many machines.

"Is she going to be okay?" I asked the nurse in there

"Are you her husband?"

"Yes." I said choking back tears

"She was hit by a driver at sixty miles an hour. The driver was texting and is in surgery now. She has bleeding in her spleen, a severe concussion, a fractured wrist from the seatbelt, and a lot of bruising. She is in a medically included coma. We might need to remove part of her spleen. However, doing that would mean that we need to take the baby out and from the baby's vitals we don't know if the baby would make it coming out this early after the accident."

I was crying. I touched my wife's hand and said, "You have to be okay, I can't do this without you."

I sat by her side for hours. Her family showed up and came in the room. Her sister went right to her side and her mom hugged me in tears and said, "We love you."

I broke down crying in Melissa's arms and then I saw her dad.

He had tears in his eyes too and he hugged me and said, "Son, I know you're going to blame yourself for not being here, but this isn't your fault.. You couldn't have prevented this."

I just cried as I looked at my wife. My wife, Allison Marie Kane who was pregnant with up fourth baby. Our little girl.."

My parents showed up and they took our kids back home and Anne, Tazer and Hannah all also left.

It was just me, Melissa, Steve, and Ashley.

Ashley ended up leaving with Melissa to go get some food and rest at our house.

I stayed there all night with her dad.

We both slept in chairs beside her bed.

Around 3am they came in to check her vitals and we both got up.

He put his hand on her stomach where our baby was and said, "Patrick, I think it's a risk we need to take. She's not going to improve and right now it's hurting her and the baby. She's seven months and 3 weeks pregnant. It's about 50/50 for the baby, but if not done it will kill the baby and Allison."

"But what if she's not and I lose my daughter and my wife?"

"What if we just sit and wait and we lose them both anyway?"