Chapter 47

Marriage was going great for Patrick and Allie. They had been married three months a few days ago. Lauren was now nine months old and she was now talking a little, mama being her first word and daddy being her second. It was now January 22nd and tonight the Hawks had a home game against the Blues.

Patrick's POV:

We won and I got a hat trick!

Allie, Hannah, and Lauren were at the game. Allie came into the locker room and congratulated us on the w.

As Allie approached me she had this smirk on her face.

"I'm so proud of you." She said hugging me

"Thank you, but I think you're my good luck charm."

"I miss being out there." I said

"I miss having you out there."

I loved towering over Allie by around nine inches, she was still very short compared to everyone including me and I'm not tall.

Allie said goodbye to Hannah and then waited for me outside the locker room and we went home together and got Lauren to bed.

We read her a baby book, and hugged and kissed her goodnight.

Allie just went right to bed not saying anything. Tomorrow morning I left at 11am for a road trip to Florida.

I fell asleep and woke up to Allie still asleep on the end of the bed. She had been acting weird, I blew it off by making breakfast and getting Lauren up. I loved getting up with my, well our daughter. She has gotten so big. We all had breakfast and then came the hard part... Saying goodbye.

I loaded my clothes bag into my car and I came back in and hugged and kissed Lauren goodbye.

"Bye bye dada." She said

"Bye cutie." I said

"Allison." I almost whispered

"Yeah?"

"Are you okay?" I asked

"Of course. I'm just going to miss you." She said

She hugged me and then kissed me.

"I love you Allison Marie."

"I love you too Patrick Timothy." She said as she picked our daughter up and I left to go to the UC to take a bus to the airport.

The trip was fine, we were doing okay now winning most of our games but it wasn't the same without Allie here. We had a game on our second night there, Allie called me. We talked for a while.

"What's wrong?" I asked Allie

"I don't know how to do this.." She said and my first thought was she was pregnant agin.

"Do what?" I was confused

"Be an NHL hockey wife." She said.

Oh, not this conversation. I hate this conversation because it hurts me to know what she has gone through for me.

"Can we not do this now?" I asked over the phone

"Well we need to do this soon because the Wild offered me a deal Patrick.."

"What?!" I asked shocked because she wasn't allowed back in the National Hockey League

"I'm flying to Minnesota the day you get back."