Chapter 56

Patrick's POV:

Allie had been in Tampa for exactly one week. We facetimed each other every night and through out the day we texted and called each other.

I missed her like crazy and so did Lauren. But I knew this was her dream and if it was her dream, it was mine too.

Allie's POV:

I met the team and they were great, I loved it here but I hated being here alone.

But that changed. Today I was leaving the rink and there was Anne Schleper. (Anne is a real Olympian and hockey player from St. Cloud Minnesota, I love her and do not own anything she's just in my story because she is great.)

"Oh my gosh, you're Allison Hastings." She said

"Yeah, and you're Anne Schleper." I said

We hugged and she said, "How weird would it be if I asked for your autograph?"

"Just as weird as it would be if I asked for yours." I said

"Hey, how about we go our for coffee and then I'll have something for you to sign." She said

I laughed and said, "Thank would be great."

We exchanged phone numbers and were meeting tomorrow morning at 9am for coffee.

The next morning I just came from our morning workout.

We were sitting there drinking our coffee and talking about our families.

"Hey, wanna be my training buddy?" I asked

"Yeah, let's do it." She said

"I see us having a very bright future together in hockey."

"We could have a week summer camp for girls, and try to help grow the game." Anne said

We talked for three hours and then she had to go to work. Anne is literally the nicest person you will ever meet and I was very excited to hang out with her again and play hockey together.

I of course called Patrick and told him all about it and he seemed happy for me. He was probably just happy I had another girl here to be friends with as he was a little over protective of me being with a team of guys. But it was kinda hot.

Tonight was my first game with the Lightning and I was shaking I was so excited.

Anne was at this game sitting front row with, what? Patrick, Lauren, my parents, my sister, Donna and Pat Sr., and the three Kane sisters. Oh my gosh.

My very first shift I scored, putting us up 1-0 against the Ducks. I pointed over to my family, and new best friend Anne. My team hugged me and I skated through the line on the bench. I had such an adrenaline from that goal and I think my teammates fed off that because we ended up winning that game 4-0. I was one of three stars of the game. I went and threw my signed puck to Anne. I signed it and as I tossed it to her we both laughed.

After Coach Cooper talked media came in and I had a few shirt interviews and then family and friends came in.

Patrick came in and it was very awkward because these were his enemies and he was theirs but right now he was just here as my husband. He came over and kissed me, and I grabbed our daughter from him. We went into the hall and took pictures for about ten minutes, every possible combination. Everyone waited for me to get undressed and shower. I came out in my dress with my lulu bag and purse. I also had my jersey in my hand signed.

"Here." I said handing it to Anne

"Are you serious?" She asked

"Of course, you've helped me get here and have confidence and helped me believe I can do anything. Thank you." I said hugging her

"Thank you." She said

"Sorry, the jersey probably smells." I said

We both laughed and then it came time to part ways with everyone. The Kane's and my parents had to go to the regular parking ramp while I got to go in the player one and Anne trained here so she parked there too.

Once we walked out the doors she handed me Lauren and said, "Your daughter is adorable. It was nice to meet you Patrick, and you had a great game Allie."

"Thank you and thank you." I said hugging her

"Nice to meet you too, Anne." Patrick said and we went our separate ways

I drove back to my house with my daughter and husband.

Somehow he transferred all their stuff to my car so we went home and I put Lauren to bed right away as it was almost midnight.

Then I changed out of my dress into one of Patrick's t shirts.

"You had a hell of a game tonight. I am proud to call you Mrs. Kane."

"Thank you, and that makes me feel like you're talking to your mom."

Patrick just started laughing and said, "Mrs. Kane you are the sexiest woman in the world. You are so beautiful and I'm so thankful that we risked everything to be together. I love you." Patrick said and then added, "Would I say that to my mom?"

"God, I hope not. That just grossed me out." I said laughing

"And I defiantly wouldn't do this." He said taking off my shirt which was really his as he kissed me.

I woke up the next day in my husbands arms and I missed waking up like this. It was five am, so I got up and showered only to be joined by Patrick. We both got dressed and then I got Lauren up and ready, we all ate breakfast and got Patrick's carry on which had all their clothes in it in my car and we drove to the airport. Patrick had a game today at 4 and had to be back in time for it.

Our daughter screamed as they got on the plane because she wanted mommy to come home. That broke my heart into a million pieces. I went to my parents hotel and said goodbye to them and the Kane's crying.

"I hate goodbyes." I said to Donna

"I know, you always have and it never gets any easier."

"Especially when your baby girls screams because she wants mommy to come home." I said crying

"You will see her soon enough, I promise." My mom said hugging me

"We know how you feel, every time you or Patrick leave it breaks our heart but also makes us so proud." Donna said

"I love seeing you, but having you come means saying goodbye. But darling when you think of how hard the goodbye was, think about how Mazzini the next hello will be." My mom said

That made me smile, "I love you guys." I said hugging my mom and Donna who was also my mom

They both went to the airport and flew back home. I was alone here again but I had Anne to go workout with today at 4pm.

For now I went to practice and had a blast, playing the sport I love, the sport that become who I am. Hockey.