Chapter 84

Allie's POV:

That year we won the Stanley cup.. It wasn't the same without Patrick there.

I retired from the NHL for good.

Years passed and Lauren was now sixteen. She was a mini me. She's was playing varsity girls hockey and she committed to playing verbally for the University of Minnesota. She currently had a boyfriend, Caden. He treats her so well and I think Patrick would approve.

Lucas is thirteen and he is just like Patrick, all about the hockey and the girls. It takes a lot to help him with school as he doesn't really care. He looks just like his dad. He is playing Peewee AA.

Tyler is twelve and looks just like Patrick but has my personality. He is very smart and good at hockey. He is also playing on the same team as his brother.

The twins are seven and are playing mites. They are so cute. They are in second grade and are such amazing babies.

As for me, I'm a single 38 year old mother of five. We still live in the Chicago dream house. In our trophy room I had one of Patrick's jerseys framed.

The kids and I spent many hours in that room with that jersey. He's gone, but he is still here.

All of Patrick's sisters are happily married with their own kids, and so is my sister. Everyone misses Patrick, but I miss him the most. There is still that empty place in my heart that he filed with his smile, laugh, and just him in general.

Once a month I went to the United center wearing his jersey and listened to our song alone. The kids and I would go a few times a month.

Tonight his jersey was being retired and he was being put into the hockey hall of fame. They were hanging one of his old jerseys he signed.

I was wearing one of them and once they had done everything Lauren was giving a speech on his behalf.

" I just want to say thank you for all the love and support you continue to give not only my dad. But me,  my siblings, and of course my mom. My dad would have loved to be standing here right now on such a special day. But he wouldn't make this speech about how amazing his hockey career was, or how talented of a hockey player he was." Lauren said pausing

"He would make this speech about this beautiful woman next to me who he was lucky to call his wife and who I am beyond honored to call my mom.  He would say how much she changed his life, because if it wasn't for her he would not be standing here tonight, especially not with their five kids. And how she changed his life, she wasn't only his teammate, but husband and wife, best friends, and his soul mate. She was the only one who could truly get through to him, the only one opened up to. She was the only one who could truly push him in close games."

"He would end his speech thanking everyone who helped get him here and the. He would finish saying thank you to my beautiful wife, Allison Marie, for risking everything to be here with me tonight. I love you. Forever and always" Lauren said tearing up

She looked at me and I crying and smiling. I hugged her and whispered, "You nailed it. I'm so proud and I know dad is too."

Everyone gave her a standing ovation and we just cried in each other's arms.

Minutes before the jersey was raised my kids all gathered around me.

After the ceremony all the kids and I got into the car and I drove home.

"Mom, I am so happy to call you and dad my parents." Tyler said

"I love all you so much. And so does your dad." I said looking at the sky and smiling.

Another few years passed and Lauren was playing in the Olympics in the gold medal game. She was standing outside her locker room, so nervous.

I pulled her aside and said, "I was this nervous for my first game as a Blackhawk. Your dad gave me this." I took my necklace off and put it around her neck

"Don't think... Just play." I said

She hugged me and I said, "We're both so proud of you. Go kick Canada's ass."

Her team won gold, with Lauren wearing number 88.

Even though Patrick was gone, he lived on with our kids and me. I was so grateful to have been his wife and had his five babies. This life has been quite an adventure...

A.N. AND?!? That's it!! Thoughts??!?!