Chapter 74

Patrick's POV:

It had been two months. I was now dating Kaitlynn. Allie was basically dating Auston Matthews. But we still hadn't filed for divorce because neither of us had sex with our new person.

Tonight I was going over to Allie's to have dinner as a family. Just for the kids as they were having a hard time.

Allie's POV:

Sitting around the table Luke said, "I'm sorry mommy."

"What are you sorry for?" I asked

"Making you not love daddy." He said crying

I went over to him and picked him up.

"Listen, all of you. I love you all so much. So does your daddy." I said and Patrick said, "It's true."

"Daddy and I just don't work together anymore. It's just us. You didn't do anything to make this happen. This is all mommy and daddy's fault. If you guys ever have questions please ask one of us. Tell us what you're thinking. We want to know. We both will do whatever we can to help you." I said

"I love you mommy." Luke said

"I love you too Lucas." I replied kissing his head

"I love you daddy." He said

"I love you too buddy." Patrick size grabbing him from me

The kids played with Patrick as I cleaned up. This was so hard on them.

As the year went on the kids got more used to the idea.

Tonight Auston was coming over to meet the kids. I was so nervous.

"Auston, meet Lauren, Lucas, and Tyler." I said

"Kids, this is Auston."

"Mommy boyfriend!" Lauren said

"Yes." I replied laughing

"He plays hockey, just like daddy!" Luke said

The kids got along great with Auston. I was so happy. I canceled in February. I knew it would turn into sex and I wasn't ready for that.

Auston played with the kids for hours. It was adorable. He even helped with bedtime.

We sat on the couch together just talking.

We ended up falling asleep. I woke up in his arms. It felt good to wake up in someone's arms again. Except, they were my second choice. Patrick would always be my first. That's what sucked. But he got over me so I'm over him. Or at least I think I'm over him.

I got all the kids up and Auston and I made breakfast together. Tyler got crabby and that meant he wanted juice. He continued to fuss and I yelled, "Get him his juice." To Auston.

Auston grabbed the wrong cup and I snapped and said, "Forget it, I'll do it."

I handed Tyler his watered down Apple juice in his favorite blue sippy cup.

After I got all the kids eating I pulled Auston aside and said, "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to snap like that. Patrick and I just have our morning routine and he always got Tyler his watered down Apple juice in his blue sippy cup while I started making whatever we were having."

"It's okay Als, I can't imagine how hard it must be adjusting to this."

Auston pulled me into a hug and I said, "You have no idea..."

We broke and ate with the kids. Lauren got on the bus to go to kindergarten and Auston paced his bag and I drove him to the airport. I got out and once I shut the trunk. He leaned in and kissed me. I kissed him back and I said, "I'm gonna miss you so much."