Chapter 16

Allie's POV:

Last night I got back to now Hanna's house (my old
house in Chicago) and we made small talk and caught up. Now we were finishing breakfast and I ran to the bathroom and threw up. Once I was done Hanna was convinced I was sick so I said, "I'm not sick, I'm pregnant."

"Who's baby is it?" She practically yelled

"Well, I got a little drunk the night we won the cup and I don't know. I do know I'm leaving tomorrow to go back to LA to tell coach and I'm keeping this baby." I said

Hanna flipped but I didn't care because she was missing half the story. Before I left she was a little bit more understanding and she promised she'd keep her mouth shut. I got back to LA and I made a decision to wait to tell my coach about the baby until next week. In the mean time, I just laid low and finished unpacking. I kept the baby a secret from everyone else. Until I woke up on the day I was telling coach with blood dripping down my leg.

I went to the hospital and these were the doctors exact words, "I'm sorry... Ms. Hastings your baby has no heartbeat, you miscarried." I got home and hell broke loose with my tears. I even called Patrick and said, "Well you got your wish... I miscarried.."

I practically threw up during that message from crying so hard. I cried all night long, I was finally going to be a mom which was one if my biggest dreams ever and then it was gone. I fell asleep and woke up the next day at 2pm go someone banging on my door. It was my going to be baby daddy. He walked right to me and held me in his strong, muscular arms so tight. I started to cry and he held me tighter and he said, "I'm so sorry Allison Marie, this isn't your fault."

"It is... I lost our baby." I cried even more

Patrick picked me up and I noticed he was also crying. He laid down on the couch with me and he just held me for hours. I mean hours, then at 9pm there were no tears left to cry, I got up and went to my room and came back out and handed Patrick a box and inside that was a baby Blackhawk Jersey that said Kane on the back of it with the Blackhawks logo on the front.

This triggered us to both shed a few tears. Then I asked, "Isn't there a mandatory skill testing today in Chicago to make sure your improving?"

"Yeah but that doesn't matter right now." He said

I was shocked by Patrick's words but I didn't say anything. I just laid there and cried with him. We fell also like that and I woke up the next day to Hanna's texts. I made Patrick send her a text in my phone telling her what happened acting like it was from me.

Patrick spent a whole week with me and then he left.

Patrick's POV:

So at first I was so shocked that I was going to be a dad and the way I found out and told my parents that same night. Then I got a call from Allison telling me she lost our little baby. I got on the first plane to LA to be with her.

I needed to take care of the woman who was supposed to be carrying my baby but now wasn't. I was beginning to look forward to being a dad and having my baby have Allie as a mom. Then it was all gone in an instant. I had just gotten back to New York after being gone for a full seven days. I told Q that I was sick which was a lie but I couldn't exactly tell him that I was with Allie because she just lost our baby.

I went home and told my parents, which was harder than I thought, I started crying when I told them and so did everyone except my dad. What really sucked was they thought that Allie and I were still together. So I told them we broke up a long time ago, basically I told them everything. I knew I could trust them and I needed to get it out.

A.N.

So I double posted... Please tell me your thoughts... I fell like these past two chapter were crazy! Please message or comment ideas, suggestions and things you like and don't like. Thanks for reading!!