Chapter 37

Patrick's POV:

About three weeks later Allie was taking Lauren back home to Chicago for a long weekend. They just got there and I missed them like crazy.

For the first two days I spent a lot of time with my family and the next night I went out to the bar and decided to have a drink. Of course many people tried to talk to me and there was just this one girl who seemed really obsessed with me. She tried to hold my hand and I said, "I'm engaged." I decided to get out if there I went home and went to bed but was won up by someone ringing the doorbell at like 2am. I went downstairs and opened it. There was a police officer there and my first thought was something happened to Allie and Lauren or my family. Boy was I wrong. The officer said, "You're under arrest for possible rape. Anything you say will or can be used against you in court."

With that I was put into the back of a police car and taken in for questioning. After they said I had to stay there.

"Can you please call my fiancé?" I asked while I was being questioned

They did but they didn't tell me what she said. I was out in a room and I literally lost it. I did nothing at all and now I'm here. I was freaking out. I needed Allie to wake me up from this dream.

Allie's POV:

I took Lauren back to Chicago Thursday through Monday to do a few things with the house that was almost done and at the UC. At around 2am I got a call from the Buffalo police saying Patrick had been arrested for rape. They hung up and I freaked out I started crying then I quickly packed everything and I drove back to Buffalo. I got there at 10am and I went straight to the police station. I carried Lauren in to the station in her car seat and went to the front desk.

"Where is Patrick Kane?" I asked

"Who are you?"

"His fiancé, Allison." I said

"Oh we have him in a room. He's not allowed visitors."

"Can you please just tell him that I'm here and I love him.." I said

"No can do. He can't have anyone see him for 24 hours then he'll most likely be on house arrest."

I walked away and drive to the Kane's. I didn't knock, I just walked straight in and lost it crying. Jackie too Lauren from the car seat and Donna hugged me.

"So you think he did it? Because they sure make it seem like he did." I cried

Donna cried a little with me and Patrick Sr. Said, "Patrick would never do something like that."

That night I spent it with the Kane's since our house was being investigated. Patrick was allowed to go to his parents and our house. He went to his parents and walked in. He was dropped off by a police officer.

He walked in and stormed right up to his room where Lauren and I slept last night. He slammed the door and we all looked at each other. I said I'd go and I did. I went upstairs and tried to open the door when I realized it was locked.

"Patrick.." I said and he didn't answer

"Patrick, please let me in. We need to talk."

He opened the door and then shut it again.

"Let me guess. We're not getting married, you are never going to let me see our daughter again, I'm kicked out of the league and you are freaking out being alone with me." He said clearly pissed and scared

I kissed Patrick and he pulled away. "Patrick, we are still getting married, we are going to still be together and you will see Lauren every single day. The league can't do anything until court tomorrow and I'm not scared to be here with you."

"Are you sure?" He asked

I said, "Of course. No matter what. I do need to to answer seriously. Did you do it?"

"What's it matter?"

"Patrick.. I know you would never do something like this but I need to hear it from you what happened."

"Of course I didn't do it. She was really clingy at the bar and kept trying to hold my hand I said I'm engaged and then I left. So I don't know why she's claiming I raped her.." He said crying

"I promise you nothing and will happen." I said hugging him

"Are you sure you trust me? I meant just like that?" Patrick asked

I looked Patrick in the eyes and kissed him. "I love you and I knew the truth before you even told me."

"I love you too." He said holding me

Patrick and I sat there for a while before Donna opened the door and asked, "Patrick.?"

"What?" Patrick asked sharply

"Are you okay?"

"Donna... Patrick really doesn't want to talk about it but as we all know he didn't do it." I said and Donna smiled and left.

Erica brought us up food and Lauren. I fed her and then burped her and then I asked, "Can you hold her so I can eat?"

Patrick took her from me and we just sat there together on the floor. Patrick told me what each trophy was and what team he was on and everything about it. Donna came back in and took Lauren and said, "Jessica said she'll take care of her tonight." Leaving

"My mom thinks I did it." Patrick said

"No she doesn't." I replied

"Yes she does. She literally just took our daughter from us because she doesn't want me around her."

"We can go home." I said

"Really?" He asked

"Of course. Let's go." I said and we stood up

We went downstairs and I said, "We're gonna leave." I grabbed Lauren from Jess and handed her to Patrick. I grabbed my two bags and Donna said, "I really think you should stay here tonight."

"We're fine leaving, plus we have nothing here." I replied

"Do you want any of us to go with you?"

"No, we're fine."

"We can take Lauren tonight so you don't have to worry about her."

"She our daughter we can take care of her. I don't know about you but I know 100% Patrick did nothing wrong. If I thought even a little bit like .00000001% that Patrick did something wrong I wouldn't be around him, and I sure a hell wouldn't let him near Lauren but I don't feel that way at all. So we are fine and I trust him." I said as we left the Kane's house

I drove back to our house and we out Lauren to bed and then we went and laid in bed. Patrick turned and faced away from me and I fell asleep but around 2am I noticed Patrick wasn't in bed. I got up and went downstairs and saw Patrick sitting there.

"What are you doing?" I asked

"My family didn't trust me to be alone with you and our daughter after what they heard."

I went and sat next to him and said, "Patrick, your mom is scared right now. She's scared for you. She knows you didn't do it, she's just scared someone is trying to destroy everything. I promise you she doesn't believe what they say happened."

"Do you believe it?"

"Not a single word. I know you would never do that to anyone and I know you wouldn't cheat on me. So Patrick Timothy Kane I believe you and I love you. I will be here for you through this and I won't let this destroy anything. I promise.."

"Thank you Allison Marie." He said kissing me and before I knew it our clothes were on the floor and then my alarm was going off. Today was the day of court... We both showered and got dressed. Patrick was in a suit and I was in a black dress. All three of Patrick's sisters got here to watch Lauren and we drove to the courthouse.

I drove there, holding Patrick's hand the whole way.

The court hearing started and I was sitting by his parents and after three hours we heard the truth. Donna immediately started crying and she hugged her husband..

A.N.
Please please vote and comment!