Chapter 87

Allie's POV:

So Patrick told the team that they were keeping the engagement a secret for a while so no one could say anything. I stood up and said, "Are you kidding me?"

"No, and you better keep your mouth shut!" Patrick said

"Oh, so you're planning a wedding secretly. And you're going to tell the kids that you're getting married three months before the day? Well, I can tell you this right now. The kids won't be there because they need as much time as possible to process this. So your choice if you want your kids there or not." I said grabbing my stuff and leaving to go home

I went straight to bed. I laid in my large, empty, cold bed crying. I grabbed my laptop and went to my videos. I pulled up the video that was made for our wedding. It was twenty minutes long of all our pictures. It made me cry.

I was so in love with this man here and now he was engaged to another woman. I stayed up all night long reading all of our old messages, and notes, and the sweet love letters we'd write each other. I couldn't figure out where we went wrong.

Weeks passed and I was feeling worse everyday. I was breaking on the inside. However, I still appeared so strong on the outside. Patrick told his parents about the engagement and they picked next June to get married so they had over a year.

The months passed and before I knew it we were all at the Kane house for Christmas. Patrick just slept on the couch. I felt so excluded, like I shouldn't even be there. Even though my parents, sister and her husband were there. It was Christmas morning I bundled up and went and sat outside on the steps up to the front door while drinking hot chocolate, crying.

The door opened and shut. A blanket was draped over me and a body sat next to me. It was Donna.

"Merry Christmas, baby." She said pulling me into a hug

"Merry Christmas." I said laying my head on her shoulder

"Als, you're here but you're not. What's going on?"

"I don't know.. I'm breaking.." I admitted

"You're so strong." She said

"I'm kinda done with being the strong one." I said

"Darling, you are a beautiful, strong, independent woman who is surrounded by people who love you. We are all here for you, my beautiful."

I smiled a little and hugged Donna and she had to go back inside. I had been out here for hours. I was just trying to feel something. Eventually they came out and got me. It was Patrick he said, "Als, you need to come back in. You're freezing."

"You're the last person who cares." I said out of it

"Fine, freeze to death." He said

I just sat there quiet. He picked me up and carried me inside and up to his room bridal style. He put me on the bed and he sat next to me.

"You're so cold." He said

"Go away." I said pushing him away

"Why?"

"Because you broke me. Happy?" I asked I started crying and said, "You fucking destroyed me and I can't pretend to hold it together any longer."

He left not knowing how to respond.

I spend months like this. I shut everyone out. Of course I put on the best act for my kids and always was myself around them. But everyone else, I shut down. Auston was starting to worry. I told him it was just a bad day.

The season ended and we didn't even make the playoffs. I was meeting with my lawyer today.

"So, I have been writing the papers and my PI gave me a few ideas so we dug deeper. You will get full custody of your children with a large amount of money. Mr. Kane will be charged with assault, sexual harassment, rape, child abduction, and that's just the beginning. He will be he thrown in jail for life or we might even be able to get him on death row."

"What?" I asked

"Look them over and bring them back in signed tomorrow."

"Okay." I said getting up and leaving