Chapter 89

Allie's POV:

Patrick return a few days later and he came over. The kids were so excited to see their dad. He was hugging them all and I stood off to the side watching how happy they were to see each other. Patrick out Lauren down and walked over to me. He pulled me into a hug and said, "There's my beautiful girl."

"Patrick.." I said inches away from kissing him

Our kids were watching us. So I hugged him and said, "Glad you have a good trip." As I walked away

I wanted so badly to kiss him. But it was too confusing for our kids. And it isn't healthy. I went and took Patrick's clothes bag and started his laundry. He was hanging out with the kids and I returned to find Patrick getting the kids in their snow stuff.

"We're going sledding." Lauren said

"Have fun!" I said smiling as I helped get Luke's snow pants pulled over his boots

"You're coming with us!" Patrick said

I quickly for ready and Patrick and I got all the kids in the suburban and he drove to a large sledding hill that not many people knew about.

After an hour of me and Patrick going with the kids Lauren said, "Mommy, can we race you and dad?"

"Sure, but we're going to win!" I said

Patrick and I got all the kids on one sled. Then he sat on one and I sat in front of him. He wrapped his arms around me and he said, "Ready, set, go!"

The kids got a fast start but Patrick and I won by a mile.

"Again!" Luke said

Patrick pulled them up with hill in the sled. And I said, "Sure, pull the kids up." Joking

He stopped and turned towards me and bent down a little and I jumped on his back. He carried me and pulled our kids to the top.

The kids were all ready to go but Lauren said, "This time you have to go backwards."

Patrick and I went with us, well our sled turned sideways and tipped. We were laying in the snow next to each other, laughing hysterically. He picked me up bridal style out of the snow and carried me to the bottom of the hill. The kids were all cheering because they won the race.

After another hour at the hill it was getting late so we went home. Patrick was driving home and he had one hand on the steering wheel and the other in my hand. Once we got home I made hot chocolate. We got the kids all ready and in bed and they crashed. I went and took a hot shower and the shower was opened and Patrick walked in and said, "I'm freezing."

After our shower and it was just a causal shower I got pajamas on and Patrick got ready to leave.

He was going to leave when I said, "Or you could just stay."

He shut the door and said, "I was hoping you'd say that."

We started watching a movie but I got hungry. He came to the kitchen with me and I decided to make cookies. Of course when Patrick was putting the flour in he put some on his hands and blew it all over me. I grabbed the stick of butter and rubbed it all over his cheek. He grabbed me and spread the cookie dough all over my face and down my arm.

After a mini food fight we got the cookies in the oven and got back in the shower.

"I think you just wanted to see me naked again." I said to him in the shower

"What?" He asked

"You just wanted to get me in here with you again."

"That's false. I just wanted to have fun with you." He said

I smiled at him apologetic. We both had pajamas on now eating our cookies, curled up in a blanket, watching a move.

"Do you still have the tattoo? Patrick asked

"Please, you've looked." I said

"For one when we had sex it was pitch black and no I didn't look in the shower."

"You'll have to wait and see"

"What's that supposed to mean?" Patrick asked

"Figure it out." I said smiling

Patrick looked at me and looked at him and he asked, "Als, can you please just tell me?"

I shook my head no. I lifted my shirt up and there was the tattoo. It was under my left breast/ rib cage. It was hidden by my bra. It was an infinity sign with the name Kane and 88 in the side.

"This was our engagement before people knew about us. It's staying."

"Als, you don't have to do that.. It's over."

"I want to.. And I really hope it's not over over."

It was around 3 in the morning and we were getting into deep conversations about things we didn't know about each other.

"Als, I lo..." Was all Patrick got out before the front door opened and Auston came in

"Hey!" He whispered

"Why are you here?" I asked freaked out

"What the hell?!" Auston asked noticing Patrick

"Relax, he is here because if the kids." I said

"Why are you here in the middle of the night?" Patrick asked

"To fuck your girl." Auston said kissing me

I kissed him back but I wasn't into it. Auston grabbed my hand and was leading me to my bedroom. I looked back at Patrick. Longing to be with him.

I said, "Auston, I'm tired.. Can we please just sleep?"

"If that's what you want." He said kissing me

Auston was pissed at me and it didn't help I was wearing Patrick's shirt. I woke up at noon the next day to an empty bed. Auston had left Chicago and Patrick left me a note.

Good morning,

Als, last night was so much fun. I'm sorry I didn't say goodby but I didn't want to wake you up. The kids are up, dressed,  fed and watching a movie. Auston was gone before I left at 9am. Last night definitely makes it in my top ten favorite moments.
1. The night we got engaged after winning the staley cup
2. The day Lauren was born
3. The day Luke was born
4. The day Tyler was born
5. Our wedding day
6. Our sexivery
7. Waking up to our family every Christmas morning
8. Getting to play the game I love with the woman I love
9. Our deep talks in the bath while eating unhealthy food
10. Our fun family sledding night

Just thought you should know my top ten favorite moments with you. I will see you in a week. Take care of yourself and our babies.

And there are rules to this. No texting or calling back.

Love,
Your #88

This brought me to tears. I grabbed a piece of paper and wrote back to him

Hey 88,

Your top ten moments brought me to tears. Patrick, we share the same top ten moments with each other. And this is killing me so I need to ask you... Why are you being so nice and flirty with me lately? You're getting married to Kate. And it's killing me.. Patrick, I just need to know why.

Love,
Your #48

I brought it to the united center and put it in his locker. Once he was home our letters continued.

Hello my beautiful,

Why you ask? Because you're still my best friend. You know all my secrets, my fears, my success, and even my failure. You know everything about me and I trust you with everything, especially your advice. So that is why.

Als, I know this going to sound insane but I have a question.. We always said we want an even number of kids. But we only have three. Would you have another baby with me?

Love,
Patrick