Chapter 80

Patrick's POV:

Shit. Auston was here. I was really trying to win my wife back but now her stupid boyfriend is here.

"Hey, where should I sleep?" Auston asked me

"I don't know.. All the rooms are full." I said

"How?"

"All five rooms are full."

"Where is Allie's room?"

"In my room."  I lied

"You're sleeping in the same bed?" Auston asked Allie getting over protective

"No, I just got here too." She said rolling her eyes

"Patrick, I think it might be best if we go back to Chicago and you have the kids for the last week and a half."

No. I don't want her to leave with him. I don't trust him.

"Okay, Auston you can stay for a day but after that you're gone. I need to spend time with my kids." I said leaving the room

I hated that guy so much....

Allie's POV:

Patrick was acting really weird. Auston spent the day with us and left the next morning.

The rest of our time in Buffalo flew by and before I knew it we were back home in Chicago and the kids were starting school and hockey was starting again.

Lauren was now in first grade, she has grown up so much. Luke was still in preschool and Tyler was still home with me as he was only one.

It was only pre season and we seemed to look decent this year, like last year but still pretty decent.

Today was our first game.

Every night felt weird falling asleep alone. I hadn't been sleeping well.

The season flew by and we ended early coach Q made the decision to take the whole team, coaches and staff of a two week cruise for the long season. Our team met at the UC, took a bus to the airport and flew to Florida where we were boarding the cruise ship. Everyone had a roommate except for me.

Lately, I have felt so empty and alone. I had sex with Auston and everyone found out and made a huge deal about it in the locker room. Three days later Patrick proposed to Kate.

So I was really hoping this cruise would bring me back to my happy self.

We had over half of one of the floors. The rooms were simple, it was so weird that we were literally sleeping on water in a boat.

The first few days were filled with fun activities. Tonight we were all sitting at the bar and I was having a margarita.

"Are you sure you should be drinking?" Patrick asked

"Yeah, why?" I asked confused

"The way you screw boys and get pregnant there might be a baby Matthews in there." He said

"I'm not pregnant." I said annoyed

"Looks like it." He said

"Are you calling me fat?" I asked

"Honey, I'm not calling you skinny. You're abs just aren't popping anymore."

"Fuck you." I said as I threw my drink in his face and walked away

I went and broke down crying in my room. I had no service so I couldn't even call Anne.

I fell asleep and woke up to looks of shaking. I sat up and realized it was real. The boat was rocking. It was storming, holy shit. These waves were huge.

I got out of bed and looked out the window. I was starting to freak out. The furniture in the room adjusted with each bump from the waves.

"Attention all passengers, we have everything under control. We are just going through a very dangerous storm. We demand that everyone stays in their room. If you need assistance press the red button by the light switch. Thank you."

I started crying as the storm grew worse and worse. I was going to did here.

Suddenly there was a knock on my door. I walked over to get it the best I could with how mush the boat was rocking.

Patrick walked in and shut and locked the door. I hugged him, crying. I didn't care who it was, it was a person and I was terrified.

He hugged me right back and said, "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine, just really scared."

"Come here, try to go back to sleep and when you wake up it will all be over." Patrick said

I laid in bed and he sat next to me since I only had a twin bed since it was a single room.

"I can't. It will make me throw up." I said siting up

Patrick sat on the floor and I moved over and motioned for him to come sit by me.

"Are we going to die?" I asked

"No, it's just a storm. It will be over soon."

I really hoped this was true.

"I'm sorry for what I said earlier."

"I'm not thinking about that right now." I snapped back

The boat hit another huge wave. I was so scared.