25

Nami held the door open for everyone before following inside.

"Well, well, well," Finn said as he stood at the hostess stand with Michelle and Nami and Avery grinned at him.

"Look at you graduates," Finn grinned and Avery brushed off her shoulders and Nami smiled.

"Tell us we're lucky enough to have you as our waiter?" Nami asked and Finn winked at her. "No offense Michelle,"

"None taken," Michelle smiled at them. "Congratulations you two."

"It's your lucky day," Finn grabbed some menus and the girls and their guests followed.

"Nami, you didn't tell us you got a membership at another country club. " Mrs. Oh said once Finn had everyone's drink order and Avery looked at Nami who smirked.

"Actually, I work here," Nami nodded and Mrs Oh stared at her.

"Excuse me?"

"Yeah, the daycare I was working with wasn't giving me enough hours. So when Avery got a job here that payed better and gave me proper hours, I applied and got the job. So today I figured, why not come here? Avery and I both get discounts here and the food is really good. Two birds one stone."

Nami's mother was practically hyperventilating when Nami was done.

"You have a club membership back at home and here you work at one?" She asked and Timothy raised an eyebrow at Avery.

"Yeah, Nami is low key rich, both of her parents are surgeons," she whispered while the family argued. "She's living with me because when her parents wanted her to be a surgeon and she opted for teaching snot-nosed kids instead."

Tim nodded in understanding and the two of them turned to face the argument. Finn returned with the drink orders and after delivering them, Avery waved him off and asked for a few minutes before the whole table could order.

"Nami, you could've warned us, you know how she gets." Mr. Oh replied when Mrs. Oh stood up from her chair.

"This is unbelievable, you are unbelievable," Mrs. Oh snapped at her daughter before walking away.

Satisfied, Nami leaned back in her seat and Avery shook her head in disapproval. Nami was being childish and usually Avery is up for that but Timothy was here and she wanted her best friend to act like the adult she's supposed to be.

"Oh, Mother will be fine, it's just a little game we like to play." Nami smiled at Timothy and Mr. Oh cleared his throat.

"Dad, Mom will be fine."

"Go, Nami," He ordered. The two shared a silent stare down for a moment before Nami let out an exaggerated sigh and got up from her seat.

"If you'll excuse me," she spat dramatically before following in the general direction of her mother.

Mr. Oh stared down at his drink for a moment before looking at Avery and Timothy.

"Excuse their manners, they only argue because they love one another." He apologized and Avery nodded.

She knew that Nami picked fights with her mother just to annoy her, not show affection.

"It is totally fine, I've been living with Nami for four years,"

"And I've been living with Lauren for twenty four," He rose an eyebrow and the two of them laughed out loud.

"So, Timothy," Mr. Oh asked and Timothy waved his hands.