65

Nami opened the door of the apartment and dropped her giant teacher bag with a huff before kicking off her shoes. She walked into the living room and sighed at Avery on the couch sleeping.

Today was Avery's day off and Nami was jealous. Letting out another sigh, she made her way into the kitchen and poured herself a glass of wine. She made as much noise as possible as she took out pots and pans to cook dinner.

Avery stirred in her sleep but didn't wake up and Nami rolled her eyes again before giving up and continuing with dinner.

The smell of food is what woke Avery up.

"There's my Sleeping Beauty," Nami smiled when Avery stumbled into the kitchen.

"I napped for like three hours. What the hell is going on with me?" Avery muttered before opening the refrigerator and pulling out the pitcher of water. Grabbing a glass, she poured herself a cup of water.

"That'll happen when you're avoiding your responsibilities." Nami raised her eyebrows at her and Avery rolled her eyes in return.

"I'm not-"

"You haven't called your parents and it's been two days since you had dinner with them. They've been blowing up your phone nonstop and so has Timothy." Nami cut her off on whatever bullshit Avery was about to feed her.

"You haven't called Gemma about the spot you found. The spot that you said, and I quote; Is the perfect place for an art gallery. You called in work yesterday because you didn't want to face Ian." Nami finished and Avery let out a sigh before finishing the rest of her water.

"Tell me how you're not avoiding your responsibilities?"

"So, you're mad at me." Avery sighed before placing the pitcher back in the fridge.

"No, I'm frustrated." Nami replied honestly and Avery let out a sigh.

"Join the club," she muttered before walking towards the couch and sitting down. Nami followed behind.

"Why are you avoiding life?" Nami asked and Avery let out a sigh.

She didn't answer for a good minute and Nami was about to walk away with a scoff but Avery let out another long sigh and replied.

"Because, life is actually good right now." Avery nodded. "And I don't want to ruin it."

"Bullshit," Nami shook her head. She refused to believe that. She refused to believe that Avery was taking the easy way out of all of this.

Avery let out a soft chuckle before looking up at Nami.

"I wish it was," She said and Nami let out a small sigh before walking over.

"Get your shit together Avery," she took a seat next to Avery on the couch.

"Nami, I'm gonna fuck this shit up," Avery said and Nami shook her head no. "I'm going to break this family. My business is going to fail before even actually starting. I'm going to ruin this man's life."

"No you're not," Nami said and Avery closed her eyes tightly and shook her head.

"Everything is perfect right now. And if I do one small thing wrong, everything will come crashing down."

"Avery," Nami began but stopped.

This isn't something she can reassure Avery on. Not on her own at least. This is something Avery needs to come to terms with. That bad things happen in life, but good things also happen.