12

"Brother, I'm moving in!" Elijah announced over the phone and Ian choked on his coffee

"What?" He coughed as he grabbed a tissue and wiped the coffee off his keyboard.

"Decided to take that job offer of yours, and clearly I'm going to need a place to sleep before I find my own spot, so I'm moving in." Eli explained and Ian blinked in shock as he processed his brother's words. That was a bad idea. No matter how much they loved each other, the Clark brothers are crap at being roommates. Ian is neat and Elijah is a disastrous mess.

"That's not happening." Ian finally spoke.

"Yes it is," Eli replied without missing a beat. "You expect me to sleep out on the streets?"

"No, but you're not fucking living with me." Ian replied.

"And why not?"

"Because," Ian blinked. His thoughts were scattered at the thought of living with Elijah again. He can't think of a reason why it was a bad idea. He just knew it was bad.

"Do you not remember in high school when you decided to leave your room and live in mine for two months? Remember what a big mess that was?" Ian reminded but Eli wasn't phased.

It was a nightmare for Ian, but for Elijah it was a great time. Whenever he made a mess, Ian would clean it in a heartbeat. To Elijah it was like living with a housekeeper that was also his brother and best friend.

"It was a great time." Eli smiled.

"You're not doing it," Ian stated.

"Oh big bother, you underestimate me." Elijah laughed. "I gotta go pack my stuff for the move."

With that, he hung up and Ian looked at his phone in horror. Elijah is going to move in if he doesn't do something to stop it fast. So he called his mom.

"Hi, Honey," Mrs Clark answered the phone with a smile and Ian let out a sigh.

"Hi, Ma,"

"How are you? Is everything okay? You never call during your work day." She asked and Ian ran his hand through his hair.

"No everything is not okay, Elijah has the idea that he's going to move into my house while we work together. Mom I can't have him as a roommate again. I might kill him."

A light laugh left Mrs. Clark and she shook her head at her son before replying. "That was a long time ago Ian, I'm sure Elijah has leaned to pick up his dirty underwear from the floor by now."

Ian doubted it.

"And God, the women he's going to bring to the house for his one night stands. I can't have that around Annabelle." Ian argued. "You have to talk to him."