80

I'm sorry that it took me a million years to write this chapter but the words literally would not come to my brain at all! But I finally wrote it.

[•]

Avery put the finishing touches on the dinner table before picking up her phone. She texted Ian that she would be picking him up in ten minutes before calling his favorite Indian restaurant to make an order.

If everything goes according to plan, the food would arrive as the two of them returned to Avery's art gallery.

The place was newly renovated. Well, for the most part. There was new lighting and a new coat of paint on the walls but the upstairs still needed furniture. But a few benches here and there and she would have a perfect art gallery to showcase anybody's art.

The downstairs, which she would call 'The Sanctuary' was fully furnished with two good sleeper sofas and a flat screen tv. There was a private room and an office that were all furnished and ready for residence. The small bathroom with a shower needed some plumbing work but he wasn't worried.

She planned on having her first showcase in a few months. After Nami's wedding. She wouldn't dare take anything away from Nami's special day.

After calling to order Ian's favorite dish, Avery grabbed her car keys and made her way towards Ian's house.

Tonight it was just the two of them again. Annabelle was having a weekend at her grandparents and Avery and Ian  took that as an opportunity to spend some quality time together.

Avery wanted to plan this date. Ian had told her that he was the better date planner and Avery was determined to prove him wrong. So, she combined things that the two of them enjoyed. Together and apart.

She got Ian's favorite food but also incorporated her passion by having it happen at her art gallery. She decided to play Ian's  favorite music as background voice but she plugged in her favorite Air Wick scent in a wall plug in.

Best of both worlds.

"You look beautiful, as always." Ian greeted her when he opened the door to his house for her.

"Thank you," Avery smiled before giving him a twirl and he let out a low whistle.

"Damn," he muttered and Avery bit down a smile.

"You ready to go?" She asked and Ian nodded.

"We don't have to go you know." He shrugged with a confident smirk.

"We could stay here and get ourselves in plenty of trouble." He said in a low voice before stepping towards her and Avery shook her head and held her hand out to stop him.

"We can get into as much trouble as you want, later." She nodded and Ian stopped.

"But I really wanna go on this date with you." She said and Ian grinned at her.

"We haven't really had much time to sit down and talk and there's some things I want to tell you." Avery said softly, knowing that her saying she wants to talk will get him would get him at her mercy.