13

As she stood at the hostess stand with Kimberly, Avery watch Ian with a small smile

As she stood at the hostess stand with Kimberly, Avery watch Ian with a small smile. He was on the floor of the restaurant talking to the the customers.

It's something Ian does at least twice a week , talking to the customers make them feel wanted and that wantedness makes them want to renew their memberships at the Pine Vista.

"Isn't he the sexiest man you've ever laid eyes on?" Kimberly asked and Avery snapped her eyes away from Ian. He alternated from the golf course, tennis court, pool and the dining room. Sometimes he even helps with valet.

The more the customers see his face, the more they want to come back.

"What?"

"Ian, isn't he just a snack?" Kim asked and Avery rose an eyebrow at her.

"A what?"

"A snack, don't you just wanna lick him up?" 

"Oh my goodness Kim," Avery grimaced and Kimberly grinned. "You're disgusting, he's our boss."

"Oh come on, you're not blind."

"I never said I was," Avery shook her before glancing at Ian. She watched as he laughed at something a customer said and Avery smiled to herself.

"Well?" Kimberly asked and Avery glanced at her.

"He's more like a whole meal." Avery replied with her first real smile on this shift and Kimberly laughed.

At the sound of Kim's laughter, Ian looked at the hostess stand and his eyes locked with Avery's. She sent him a smile and a wave and he smiled at her.

A whole meal indeed. She thought before going off to check on her customers.

[•]

"Okay, ladies and gentlemen, I have an Avery who vows that she's not going to leave us hanging and is actually going to go get drunk with us tonight." Finn announced and Avery smiled at him as she packed up the rest of her to end her work shift for the day.

When she and her coworkers were about to leave, Ian walked into the kitchen and scanned the room.

"Boss, everything okay?" Cortez asked and Ian looked over at him for a brief second before his eyes landed on Avery.

"I just needed to speak to Avery for a second."

"I fucking spoke too soon," Finn muttered and Avery rolled her eyes at him before leaving the room with Ian.

"What's up?" Avery asked and Ian turned to look at him with a small frown.

"Do you know a Cameron Bring?" Ian frowned and she almost cringed at the mention of his name. She's still avoiding her boyfriend and Cameron still has no idea that Avery is aware of his double life.