Isn't She Lovely - Chapter 16

" Dad?" I approached him slowly hoping not to startle him to much from his sleep.

" Yes Sarah?" he lifted his tired face from the couch.

" I was wondering if I could go live with Harry in London just for the summer?" I smiled. I decided to leave out the part where Harry and I were dating. My Dad loved Harry but also called him a charmer and told me to watch out for guys like that. I had a better chance of going if  he didn't know.

" You can't move to London Sarah, your not grown up enough. Especially to move in with a boy" he lectured.  This was honestly one of the first times my Dad and I  had talked in a while, Not because I didn't love him and not because he didn't love me. It was because he was always tired and I never want to wake him or bother him when he is busy.  He is to busy to notice that I am in the room.

" Dad, please?"  I begged. " I am  grown up" I paused thinking of back when I was a little girl and my dad told me I would always be his baby girl.  I may still be a baby in his eyes but it was a little for fetched to say I was his. 

" Sarah,  I said No. You need to learn to respect my answer that you are to young" he went to walk away from me, but I stepped in front of him. I never argued with my father because well since we didn't talk I didn't want to ruin the few conversations we did have.   I began to cry. 

" How would you even  know  that I am to young?" I started to speak louder. 

" What are you talking about Sarah?" he went to hug me but I stepped away. 

" Today was my birthday, and it seems that the only person  to remember was Harry and his family.  Dad how old am I?" I paused and he stood there silently. " That's right dad I am seventeen, next year I am  going to be an adult!" I yelled at him as tears rolled down my face. 

" Sara.." I cut him off

" And if you think seventeen is still to young of an age,  I am way more mature for my age Dad. because I had to grow up the day mum died.  You may provide financially for me, but you shouldn't even call yourself my parent!"  The ice cold words slipped out of my mouth and I ran out the door. 

 I found my self just sitting on Harry's door step.  He was saying goodbye to his family before he left tonight and I didn’t want to ruin their family time. I really just needed to talk to Harry though.  I leaned against the door debating if I should go in or not. Just then it opened and my body stumbled off balance. An arm caught me and helped me up. It was Louis. 

" I am so sorry" he smiled.