Chapter 37: 18 Years Young

                        I woke up lying on Pilote’s chest. He had his arms wrapped tightly around me while we continued lying on our bed. I hugged him tighter and placed a kiss on his chest.

“People are going to be looking for us soon.”

He groaned, “Let’s lay here a while longer.”

“Five minutes,” I smiled.

“Ten.”

“Fifteen!” I giggled.

He chuckled, “Fifteen minutes it is. How do you feel?”

“Okay.”

“Are you sure?”

“Yes,” I smiled. “I just don’t want to leave yet.”

“Our few hours aren’t up yet. We’re okay.”

“I don’t want to go out there.”

“Me either baby, me either.”

“It’s stressful and I know my dad’s going to be looking for me because we got into a fight. How am I supposed to calm him down when his daughter is with the enemy? As the king that’s probably very alarming knowing your daughter betrayed your entire race.”

“You just need to have a little heart to heart with your parents.”

“But when will I have time to do that if we’re leaving in days?” I asked him.

“We can do that after our meeting with the chosen ones later. I’ll go with you.”

I sighed, “Okay.”

“It’ll be okay, Ro.”

                        Before we could talk about something else, someone knocked on the door. Pilote and I both looked at each other before he asked who was at the door, but we stayed where we were on the bed.

“It’s your mother,” I heard mom say.

“Oh shit.”

                        Pilote and I both jumped out of bed and found our clothes on the floor. We quickly put our clothes back on and answered the door. Mom was standing there alone with her arms crossed over her chest.

“Hi mom, what’s up?”

“I could handle our eyes and abilities suddenly changing, but when you get into an argument with your father then I think it’s time for a talk.”

“Mom,” I sighed, “It wasn’t my –“

“Don’t start now,” she said. “I’ve heard your father’s side of the story and now I want to hear yours.”

“Okay. Now?”

She nodded, “Right now.”

“Then let’s go in the living room. The chosen ones are still scattered everywhere so it should be free.”

“I’ll be right there,” Pilote told me. “I’ll go check on my dad.”

“Okay,” I smiled and kissed him quickly.

                        Pilote left to go down to the palace and I led mom to the living room. She sat on the couch and I sat right next to her.

“Where do you want to start?” I asked her.

“Let’s start with the fact that our abilities and eyes aren’t changeable anymore.”