Chapter 6

Book 1: Tiger's Eye

Book 2: Concealment

Book 3: Ignited

Book 4: Fidelity

Chapter 6

The rest of the afternoon we spent looking through the room of rulers. It reminded me of walking through an antique store. I felt like I traveled back in time. Wherever our country is now they obviously have no idea what the modern world looks like. If we do give them their freedom, how will they ever survive? "I feel like I'm living in the ancient times," I joked with him. "Like we're in ancient Egypt with all the stone buildings and fire being used for light."

He laughed, "You would think that."

"What if I try to light the room up but end up burning a book to ashes instead?" I asked him. "What if it's one of the important books that we need? Does that mean I ruined the Tigma's freedom?"

He laughed again, "You won't."

"How do you know? I can be a klutz sometimes."

"That's something that could be interesting to see."

"There was this one time when I tripped over my cat's toy and I couldn't regain my balance and I feel down the stairs."

"Did you get hurt?" Pilote asked. I didn't realize it might not make him feel good for me to end the story there. He would worry about me. I need to think about what I say before I say it.

"Of course not," I told him, "I rolled a few times before getting near the bottom then landed back on my feet. I think I gave my mom a heart attack. My dad didn't even hear it because he was in his study. I was grounded for three days."

"Wait," Pilote interrupted, "They grounded you for falling down the stairs?"

"It was more because my mom was so scared afterwards. I thought it was ridiculous too but it was only three days."

"Wow," he chuckled, "I'm almost glad I didn't have any real parents."

"Haven't you ever wished you did though?" I asked him, "I mean I know mine turned out to be evil spies, but we still had good times before I knew about all that. If I take away that fact my childhood seems happy."

"I used to wish I had that," he admitted, "But not anymore. I already have parents. I don't know them, but they're out there. We can live as a family after we find where they're hiding. I realized I only wanted my real parents back. Having foster parents or adopted parents wouldn't be the same and I didn't want a replacement. I will find my family when we find the Tigmas."

"That makes sense," I smiled, "I can't wait to meet my real parents. I wonder who they are and I wonder what they will think of me when we meet."

"They'll love you."

"How do you know?"

"Because how can they not?" Pilote said. "You're incredible. Tigmas aren't the kind to dislike their own children. We're a loving race."

"I love you," I smiled. "You're incredible too."

He smiled at me, "I love you too Rolla."

Pilote decided that we should move here so no one could steal it from us and I agreed. I feel more at home here. It's where I grew up and I would rather not take a chance at a family, like my adopted parents, steal it again. He left me alone while he went to get our stuff from his apartment. He came back three or four times with boxes of stuff. While he got our stuff, I walked around the room hoping to find something and I bumped into the stone table, causing it to fall over. Too bad Pilote was gone. It would have been his first hand evidence at seeing me being a klutz. I knew I was strong but I had no idea I hit the table that hard. I bent down to pick it up, but the floor started moving. I stepped back and watched as the stone table was replaced with another one that had a computer on it. A large map also appeared on the wall. My parents obviously found this way before we did. That explains why it was below their house. The whole time I thought he was working on his computer he was just down here doing research on me. It's a scary thought. He spent all his time trying to figure out something I didn't even know about. I slowly approached the computer and one file caught my attention: Chosen Ones. I clicked it open and found names: