Chapter 35: Something has Started

                        Every time we get more news about the war or the Tigmas in general I feel like one chapter is ending and another is starting. New chapters of my life are starting and everything is going by so fast I can hardly keep up. We cleared out the meeting room behind the bookshelf and instructed all the chosen ones to go spend some time with their families before we have to leave. Miranda set up everything we needed and the four of us just stood to the side and watched.

“Think this is real?” I asked Topanga.

She nodded, “This girl is real alright and the resemblance to my best friend is insane. She could easily be a doppelganger.”

“That alike?” Pilote asked her.

She only nodded in response.

                        I didn’t understand anything Miranda was doing, but she was so concentrated on it. She definitely knows what she is doing. She drew a square in the middle of the room and continued to spread herbs on the lines she just drew. Long wooden stands were placed near the four corners of the square and Miranda set a candle on each stand. When she lit the candles she turned to us.

“It’s ready.”

“What do we do?”

“Each of you stands in a corner and holds hands with each other. Make sure you’re standing next to your soul mate though. That’s the only rule. I will stand in the middle with my spell book and recite the spell. Whatever happens during the spell, even if it looks like it’s getting dangerous for me, don’t let go and don’t move. Whatever I say, don’t let go of each other’s hands.”

“What could happen?” Topanga asked her.

“I don’t know if I’m strong enough. My family says I am and I’ve been practicing, but this is going to be the biggest spell I will ever perform. Just close your eyes so you can’t see me and just feel each other. Reach into your soul mate’s thoughts and just feel each other’s emotions; feel each other’s love. I promise I won’t give up. This spell NEEDS to be cast, and I’m the ONLY one that can do it.”

“Okay,” I nodded.

                        We took our places on our corners and I looked over at Pilote. He smiled at me and held out his hand, which I didn’t hesitate to take. I looked over at the other corner and Sam was holding out his hand for me to take. I took his hand while Pilote took Topanga’s. We’re ready to go. Miranda stood in the middle of the rectangle with her spell book. I could feel the magic in the air when Miranda started reading from her spell book. It was in a language I didn’t understand. I don’t know enough about languages to even figure out what language it was. My best guess is Latin. A wind suddenly broke out into the wind and I remembered I had to close my eyes. I closed them and felt Pilote lurking in my mind. I smiled and found myself looking into his too. I shouldn’t have been surprised to find many pictures of me the last few days. He’s been worried about me. He felt upset because I was depressed and he didn’t know how to help me. He hated seeing me like that. I think a lot of people would be surprised at how sweet and romantic Pilote is. He only acts that way when I’m in the room. I felt something in the room change. The wind died down and Miranda’s voice sounded weaker than it was before. This time she was speaking to us.

“Open your eyes.”

                        We all opened our eyes at around the same time. The candles were a lot brighter now and Miranda’s nose was bleeding.

“It’s almost done,” Miranda said to all of us, “But something will change now. Your bodies will change. They’re just temporarily stuck at the age you’re at now so when the spell is finished and it’s permanent you’ll feel a change. I don’t know what will happen specifically, but know that something will change. Let go of your hands.”