Chapter 26: Time Traveling Together

“No,” Pilote argued, “You know we can’t do that.”

“Pilote, they’re the chosen ones. They’re not going to tell. If there’s a time to break the rules it’s now. If we can trust anybody it’s the people in this room. We have to.”

What if they come after us like the other Samoulte said? He thought to me. Now he’s not talking about the Gods, he’s talking about the note.

I’m willing to take that chance, I thought back. Pilote please? We have to do this.

“Fine,” he finally agreed.

“Oh thank you!” I threw my arms around him.

He chuckled, “I’ll get to the other side of the circle.”

“What’s happening?” Teegan asked.

“What we’re about to do,” I explained, “You can’t tell anyone about. Not even the king and queen. Nobody outside this room can know. It’s top secret and they’ll come after us if we do. We’re allowed to do this because we’re the Samoulte and by all of you being in between us we can take you with us.”

“Who will come after you?” Calor asked.

“That’s not important right now,” I said. “Now we have to all join hands.”

                        I waited until we all joined hands before continuing, “Now clear your minds and remember what you were doing the day we found Murera; minutes before it happened. Close your eyes and picture it.”

                        My necklace and Pilote’s necklace lit up and the Tigma magic started working as it tried lifting us all up and transporting us back in time. When I opened my eyes we were in the hallway of our house.

“Whoa,” Vince said as he opened his eyes.

“Wow,” Teegan joined in.

“This is incredible,” Carlot said.

“Guys concentrate!” I said, “And don’t talk. Where were the people when you saw them?”

“I think it was near the balcony. There was a hallway there or something.”

“Let’s go,” I whisper.

                        We walked in a group with Pilote and I in front and I spotted the hallway. I’ve never seen it there before. Maybe it disappeared when the balcony was found. It could have been the Tigma magic working before we knew about it. I froze when I heard voices coming from behind us. We all spun around to see who it was. There were two guys both standing in front of Nikki. We caught them.

“Why won’t you tell us where you went?” one of them asked her.

“Because that’s my business,” she snapped, “and this world’s a much bigger place than we all imagined. I met a very nice couple upstairs.”

“Upstairs?” the other ones asked.

“Yes,” she nodded, “Apparently we’re in someone’s basement.”

“Our world is in a basement?” the first one asked.

“Enough talking,” she said, “we have to get back before anyone realizes we’re up here.”

“Whatever,” the other one shrugged.

                        I started pushing past the other chosen ones and forcing them all upstairs into the other room. Something didn’t make sense. There’s no way Nikki could have visited them that day because my parents had already been dead for quite a while. She’s lying. It just didn’t add up. If she really went upstairs that would mean she would have seen the ruins and known something had happened to them. Is that why she came back downstairs? Were my parents the only connection she had to Silthra? If this was the case then maybe she’s not as bad as we’re all anticipating. My parents can be really convincing so they could have convinced her of anything if they wanted to. This whole time it seems like my parents were one step ahead of all of us. They had the one thing we didn’t when I first met all of them: they had the connection straight to Murera. Nikki was telling them everything they needed to know. The thought made me hate my adopted parents even more than I already did. I waited until we were all safely alone before talking to the rest of them. I can’t tell them any of this until I know for sure. I have to talk to Nikki as soon as possible. It can’t wait.

“We need to get back,” I said. “Join hands and imagine the present time; us standing hand in hand waiting for the troops to capture Nikki. Close your eyes.”

                        Before the Tigma magic started working we forced back into the present time. We’ve been caught. We let go of our hands and I spun around to face my parents. I wonder what the Gods would think of this moment.

“What’s going on?” I asked them.

“We captured Nikki. She’s saying some interesting things, but she only wants to talk to you. She won’t explain anything to anyone else.”

I sighed, “Okay I’ll go.”

“I’m going with you,” Pilote said.

“No,” I shook my head, “She won’t say what I need her to say if you’re there.”

“You can’t go alone.”

“I’ll be fine,” I assured him. “I’ll be back. We can relax and spend time together after.”

I wrapped my arms around his neck and hugged him, “I love you,” he whispered in my ear.

“I love you too,” I smiled. “I’ll be fine.”

“I’m counting on that.”

THE END CHAPTER 26!!

feedback please? :)