Chapter 45: Day 4

Chapter 45: Day 4

                        I sat up in bed, stretching my arms up, and looked over at the empty spot beside me. Pilote must already be awake. I wonder what happened last night when I went to bed early. I let myself fall back down on the bed and moved over to cuddle with Pilote’s pillow. He came in a few minutes later with two cups in his hand.

“Tea,” He smiled and set them on the night stand.

“Thank you,” I smiled back.

“Want me to catch you up?” he asked and I moved over so he could sit back in his spot.

“Did a lot happen?” I sat up.

He shrugged, “Not too much. Topanga and Sam let Miranda perform the spell, took the spell book away from her, and your parents have people watching her all the time to make sure she doesn’t perform the other spell.”

“And that’s all I missed?”

“Yeah, and Layal leaves today.”

“Did she decide when she wanted to leave?”

“This afternoon, she’s putting some final things together before she leaves.”

I nodded in understanding and took a sip of my tea.

“How did you sleep?”

“Pretty good, it felt great to get a good night’s sleep.”

“It probably did. Want breakfast? Your parents invited us down. I figured we could go there for breakfast considering Miranda is there anyway and I knew you’d want to talk to her alone.”

“Did you know that or did you read my mind?”

He chuckled, “I guess you’ll never know.”

“That’s mean.”

“Get up and I’ll tell you.”

I search his mind, “You read my mind.”

“Now who’s cheating?”

I laughed, “You’re the one who always told me I don’t read your mind enough.”

“Now you’re using my words against me?”

I got up and hit him in the shoulder, “Just go tell my parents I’m coming.”

                        He chuckled and stepped out of the room while I walked to the closet to get changed. I stepped out of my pajamas and put on my favorite jeans and a t-shirt. I opened my door to the hallway and walked out to the balcony. Of course Pilote was there waiting for me.

I shook my head, “I thought you were going to talk to my parents.”

“I did, but I came back.”

“Why?”

He shrugged, “Just to walk with you.”

“You’re sweet,” I smiled and shook my head.

                        My parents had their cooks make a large breakfast for all of us. Included were eggs, bacon, pancakes, waffles, hash browns, and biscuits. I’m sure they only arranged it at the last minute knowing they probably will not see me until after the war.

“Mom and dad, this is amazing. You didn’t have to go through so much trouble.”

“We wanted to have a nice breakfast, is that so wrong?” Mom asked.

I chuckled, “No it’s not, it’s amazing. All of my favorites are here.”

“Pilote said you were sleeping in.”