Chapter 14: Anniversary Date

            Pilote found my hand and he started running. We ran for a while but I’m guessing we ran in circles so he could try and confuse me. It didn’t feel like he would take that long to get somewhere. I looked into his mind, but all I kept getting were song lyrics. I laughed and I could feel Pilote’s questioning gaze on me. After about ten minutes we stopped and he slowly took the blindfold off me. I opened my eyes and we were in the park. We were at the same park in the same spot that I first saw him.

“I don’t get it,” I said confused.

Pilote laughed, “I know you don’t. This is where you first saw me, and now I’m going to show you where I first saw you.”

“Really?” I asked.

“Yes but first, what did you think when you first saw me?” he asked.

“I thought we could read minds?” I asked.

“Yes,” he chuckled, “But we hadn’t actually met yet so I couldn’t.”

“Right,” I smiled, “When I first saw you I was shocked. I had never seen anyone who looked like you before. I was surprised someone like you even knew someone like me. I was surprised you noticed me especially because I rarely came out of my house.”

“I hope it was a good kind of surprise.”

“Yes, it was a good way,” I giggled.

“Good,” he smiled. “Now onto the first present.”

“Wait,” I said. “First present?” You didn’t have to get me anything let alone more than one.”

“Yes I did,” Pilote said. “Here.”

            His hand gestured towards the ground where I saw a small wooden box. I looked at him curiously before bending down to pick up the box. I slowly stood back up and opened it. It was a bracelet, but I’ve never seen anything like this bracelet before. It was hand made out of rope and stone. It had something engraved on it.

“What kind of bracelet is this?” I asked him.

“It was a part of the stuff I inherited. It came with a note. My parents wanted me to have it in case I wasn’t with them when I met my soul mate,” he explained. “It’s meant for you.”

“What’s it say on it?” I asked.

“I’m not sure. We’ll have to ask later.”

“I love it. Thank you,” I said. I leaned up and kissed him.

“Let me put it on.”

            He took the bracelet out of the box and tied it around my wrist. After taking my hand we started running again. He didn’t make me wear the blindfold this time. We ran completely across town and stopped right in front of my old school. What were we doing here? I thought he said… wait…

“Yup,” he said, “This is where I first saw you.”

“But it isn’t possible,” I said. “How could it be?”

“You came here one day. You looked really mad and you hid up in one of the tress and just started staring at all the students. You looked completely envious of them. When you jumped down you walked by where I was hiding and I saw the necklace. That gave it away,” he explained to me.

“Wow… I remember that day. I had just gotten in a huge fight with my parents about going to school.”

I started flashing back as I remember that day.