Chapter 3

Book 1: Tiger's Eye

Book 2: Concealment

Book 3: Ignited

Chapter 3

After meeting with all the kind workers at the shelter they agreed to keep me there as long as I attempted to find a job. Once I found a job and saved money they would help me find my own place to live. I failed to mention to them that I did not plan on finding a job. I have to many things to find out and I cannot waste time looking for a job. I kept myself busy during the day doing research, which also helped the ladies in charge of the shelter think I spend my days looking for a job. I walked from the shelter to a coffee shop to check my email and blog. I secret hoped my newest stalker sent me a new email because in order for my plan to work I need his help. As I suspected, he did send an email: I told you. Believe me now? Of all the things I needed to hear right now, and my stalker shows off. What kind of stalker is this anyway? I switched to chat and hoped he was online.

TigersEye: Why do they want me dead?

Unknown: They are on the enemy's side. They adopted you for a reason.

TigersEye: What other reason is there to adopt besides loving a child?

Unknown: They do not care as you think they do.

TigersEye: How do you know all this? Have I seen you before?

Unknown: I told you, I'm just like you. Except I know. I have seen you, but you have not seen me.

TigersEye: That makes no sense. What do I do? If you are so smart then surely you have an idea about what my next step should be.

Unknown: They want you dead, they will fight so you must train before doing anything else.

TigersEye: Train?

Unknown: Fight back and be ready.

TigersEye: Fight for what?

Unknown: Family, you're real family.

TigersEye: You know my real family?

Unknown: No, but I know where your abilities come from.

TigersEye: Then why can't I meet you so you can show me?

Unknown: It is not the right time yet.

TigersEye: When is the right time?

Unknown: I will let you know.

I clicked out of chat and switched to my blog. I can't handle talking to my stalker any longer. Maybe I'm better off by myself because he is far too annoying. I clicked into my blog and saw that my latest post got more reads than before. I scrolled through all the comments before looking at anything else:

"Your writing speaks to me!"

"I can totally relate!"

"Sounds bad. I'm sorry."

"Things get better."

I clicked new blog post and started typing:

Title: Freight Train

Body: The only thing worse than "the fall" is realizing how short it is before the next phase starts. It's like someone pushing you off a freight train, and the person pushing expecting you to live. It's someone punching you in the stomach with all their might and expecting you to breathe. Training can't prepare you for "the fall", but it can warn you when someone's ready to push. I can't tell you what's going on with my life, but I can tell you what it feels like to have lost everything. Everyone you love and everything you knew can suddenly be gone in a second. All you're left with is confusion and you're trying to figure out what's happening. You don't know where to go, but you know you can't give up. You have to keep fighting because that's all you seem to have left. I wander the world continuously searching for answers.