Chapter 17: Samoulte

            I collapsed on my bed after returning from school. Snow hopped on the bed and placed herself right on my stomach. I can’t believe I actually considered myself normal just last year. It feels like it was such a long time ago. Now I’m the leader of a race that humans think are extinct and we’re getting ready to go to war. What if I can’t handle this? Pilote knocked on the door, but opened the door before giving me time to get up and answer.

He smiled, “Hey. Snow looks comfortable.”

I smiled, “Yeah she is.”

“I was just thinking we could go get our bags and bring some stuff up here to decorate.”

“I’d like that,” I smiled. I picked up snow and carried her with me.

            Pilote took my hand and we left my room. We walked out to the balcony and down the stairs. All the Tigmas learned not to stare at all the time, but it’s still weird because we’re basically like celebrities to them. The Tigmas can’t help but stare when Pilote and I come out. Word has gone around about us. They can’t stop talking about how two of the chosen ones ended up being soul mates. It was even weirder to them that our parents are best friends. I just liked to think of it as fate…or destiny. Either one seemed perfectly fine to me.

Destiny Pilote thought to me.

You’ve definitely made that a habit haven’t you? I thought back, reading my mind?

He chuckled, I can’t help it. You think about me A LOT.

I can’t help it, I laughed.

Don’t worry I think about you all the time too. If you’d look into my thought more often you’d know.

It’s not my fault that my first thought isn’t to look into your brain.

Hey now. He smiled and looked down at me.

I don’t mind, I smiled. I think it’s cute that you’re always searching my thoughts. Maybe I’ll make it a habit too.

I’m okay with that.

I thought you would be.

“Are you two there?” Pilote and I snapped out of each other’s thoughts to find both of our parents standing right in front of us.

“Sorry,” I apologized, blushing.

“You two are so cute!” Mom said.

“Always looking into each other’s thoughts,” Delia added.

“Are you two headed somewhere?” dad asked.

“Yeah,” I answered, “We’re just going to my room to get some of our stuff to bring up for decorations.”

“I see,” Dad said, “Make sure to bring up some extra stuff for your guys’ living room. I’m sure it’s lacking some of the elegance a little right?”

“Yeah,” I laughed, “Just a little. I will, don’t worry. Thank you.”

“We were just going to go to dinner. Would you two like to join us?”

“No thanks,” Pilote said, “The chosen ones are actually having a dinner ourselves. We haven’t had a meeting to ourselves since all this happened, so we thought it’d be a good idea.”

“Good choice,” Robert said, “We couldn’t be more proud of you guys.”

“Thanks dad,” Pilote replied.