Chapter 42: Day 3 Morning

“We’ll be there soon,” I hugged Teegan, “Be strong.”

She smiled, “Always.”

I hugged Seth next, “Protect the right ones okay?”

He smiled back at me, “You know it.”

“Are you both ready to go?”

They looked at each other, then back at us, and nodded.

“Okay,” I took a deep breath, “Good luck. We’ll be there soon.”

“We love you,” Pilote added.

“We love you too,” They both smiled.

                        All of us waved as Seth and Teegan put on their back packs and raced out the door and up the stairs. The rest of us stood there for a while looking at the door. We did not know what to do now. We’ve said goodbye to the first two of the day. The next time we see them we will be fighting and there will not be time for talking.

“What do we do now?” Layal asked.

“We wait,” I replied, “The next group leaves at noon. Carlot and Vince, I want you to go say goodbye to your family. When you’re done eat lunch and we will be up here to say goodbye to you before you leave. Everyone else, stay in our house for now and do not go down to Murera. We have a few hours of down time before Carlot and Vince leave so you can do whatever you want until then.”

                        They nodded and we walked through the meeting room and down stairs to our house. Carlot and Vince ran ahead of us to their families. The rest of the chosen ones scattered to their rooms while I stayed in the entrance room and searched through the computer. Pilote brought me some coffee from the kitchen and came back.

“What are you looking for?” he asked me.

I sighed, “I just want to make sure I haven’t missed anything. I feel so out of it sometimes that I tend to miss details and I can’t let that happen this time.”

“Rolla, there are nine of us, 11 if you include Topanga and Sam; nobody missed anything. We’ve helped you and made sure you have every detail to win this.”

“But there are dozens of books up here we never got the chance to look through. What if there’s something important in them that I missed?”

“There’s not, Rolla please just calm down. Seth and Topanga just left and we only have a few hours until Carlot and Vince leave. Don’t stress and over work yourself now.”

“Then what should I do?”

“All the bags are put together, all the weapons are made, all the soliders are ready, everyone is saying goodbye to their families, and all the plans are already made. The only thing you can do is relax for the next few hours and keep yourself head strong so you can say goodbye to everyone that’s leaving.”

“You’re right, but I don’t want to mess up.”

“Come on,” he took my hand and walked towards the book shell. He hit one of the shelves where the book used to be and the bookshelf moved out of the way for us. We walked through the meeting room and down to the living room. I sat next to Layal and put my head on her shoulder.

“Stressed?” she asked me.

I nodded.

“Can I show you something?” she asked again.

“Sure.”

“Let’s go to my room,” she stood up.

“I’ll stay here with John,” Pilote told me and let go of my hand.