Chapter 19: Samoulte Powers

            When I woke up the next morning there was another bright light shining down on Pilote and I. My light’s never this bright so I knew it wasn’t normal. I sat up, waking Pilote up in the process, trying to figure out what the light was. I stood up on the bed trying to get a closer look. When I did, the thing dimmed and fell onto the bed. I sat back down and Pilote grabbed it in his hands. Things just keep getting weirder.

“A golden egg?” Pilote said, “There’s a large magic aspect that I think Tigmas forgot to mention in the book.”

“This is all getting very weird,” I agreed.

“Should we open it now or wait for our parents?”

“Let’s just open it now,” I told him, “I don’t think I can wait to see what this it.”

“Okay.”

            He slowly turned the top of what looked like a large golden egg, and the top came right off. It reminded me of one of those plastic colored eggs that parents give to their children on Easter. Except this one was pure gold.

“What’s in it?”

“Two gold necklaces, a parchment, and two stone heart crystal necklaces.”

“I thought we already had our stone hearts?” I asked him.

“We do,” he replied, “These aren’t ours.”

“Then who’s are they?”

“I don’t know. Let’s read the parchment.”

He opened the parchment and began reading:

If you’re reading this, it means you’re the next Samoulte. Congratulations. It also means you’ve found the future house of rulers and are preparing for a war. We’re your ancestors; the previous Samoulte. It isn’t all fun and games being the Samoulte. It’s hard work and people will be chasing you down that you don’t even know exist: witches. We’re using one now to put a spell on this egg so it will reach you in the future. Only one good witch exists and by the time you two are born, she will be long gone.

It is true that we cannot die so you must be wondering where we are in your time: in hiding. We ran, fearful of the people who are chasing us, and left our kind behind. We have no idea where your kind lies for we left thousands of years ago.

We’re writing this to you as advice. There’s one thing you need in order to perform and do what you need to do for this war. These necklaces are the key. They are gold necklaces and the gold tag at the end holds the Tigma magic. You can’t use all your powers without these necklaces. By now you must have realized that there’s a lot more to us than our abilities. Don’t tell anyone you hold the Tigma magic. That’s why people will chase you. That’s why we’re now on the run and with the help of magic; we’re holding these things in time until the Samoulte have been found again. Wear them every day, all the time, and you’ll have everything you need to defeat anyone.

I’m sure we’ll meet again in the future. Be careful.

“That’s all that’s written?” I asked Pilote.

“Yeah that’s it. Except for the back, it has instructions of some kind.”

As he began reading the instructions, I realized what it was: instructions on how to travel in time. This is the real way to do it which means whatever my mom was going to show us is wrong. Pilote read it through twice and we decided to try it. I got up and locked my door and Pilote and I sat on the floor as we began. I made sure Snow was still safely asleep and we read through one instruction at a time.