Chapter 28: Godly Call Outside the World

                        I was completely aware of what I was going to dream about that night, and I wasn’t disappointed. I showed up in the same place Caprika and Odyss always take me to when they need to talk to me. I wish someone else could be here with me to see this because sometimes I think I’m crazy. I practically have two Gods in my head at night.

“I did something wrong didn’t I?” I asked them. “What part of yesterday is this about?”

“Both parts,” Caprika told me. “Your parents and Nikki.”

“I didn’t know my parents were there though!” I argued. “If I would have known I wouldn’t have –“

Odyss held up his hand, “We are not mad at you.”

“You aren’t?” I asked.

He shook his head, “There is no way you could have known what they were thinking, but we must ask something more of you.”

I groaned, “It isn’t going to be hard is it?”

Caprika laughed at me, “No Rolla, it won’t be hard.”

“Okay,” I sighed. “What is it?”

“We know how hard it is keeping secrets from your own parents, but you must know it’s for the best. They could never understand what you are going through because they will never understand the pressure put on the Samoulte. They would not make the same decisions as you would and they will try to stop you.”

“You didn’t just bring me here to warn me did you?”

Odyss shook his head, “We brought you here because someone close to us has warned you about possible witches coming after you.”

“You know about that?” I asked. “How do you know who sent us that?”

They both smiled, “We just do.”

“Right,” I laughed. “You’re the Gods.”

“The witch is closer than you think, but far enough away to give you time. That letter you received was right though, and you cannot tell anyone about that Tigma magic.”

“I get it,” I told them. “You’re here because Pilote and I brought the chosen ones back in time with us. You’re worried because we could tell the chosen ones about the Tigma magic and all the powers that come with it.”

Caprika nodded her head, “You cannot tell them what you know Rolla. I know it is hard, but it is imperative that you don’t tell them.”

“Imperative? How imperative is it?”

“Very,” Caprika replied. “Please listen to us. Do not tell them anything about any kind of magic.”

“Why not?” I asked.

“Because you may get the results you want, but you don’t know how strong they will be in the long run.”

“What does that mean?”

“It means that the witches will come for you the second anybody else knows about your magic. They can sense it on others, but not on the Samoultes themselves. So if you tell the chosen ones everything about the Tigma magic, the witches will sense it and come after all of you. You can’t win the war with them around; you have to keep them away.”

“How will I know if they are away?”

“Keep doing what you’re doing and don’t tell a soul about Tigma magic, and you will be fine.”