Chapter 15: The Gods Come Back

            I slipped into dream land and was transported back to the field where I saw Caprika and Odyss. This time they both stood before me.

“What am I doing here?” I asked them.

“You have met the Kind and Queen,” Caprika said.

“And we must speak with you,” Odyss finished her sentence.

“About what?” I asked. “Am I in trouble again?”

“No sweet Rolla,” Caprika said. “We must speak with you about your new family.”

“Okay.”

“Your family cannot know of us Rolla,” she said. “It is imperative that you keep these dreams to yourself.”

“But the chosen ones all know,” I said.

Caprika shook her head, “It’s okay that they know because you must be a family, but your real family can’t know.”

“Now I’m confused,” I said.

“We know you are,” Odyss said, “But you will understand in time. Your parents cannot know we are speaking through you.”

“But we still need your help,” Caprika said.

“With what?” I asked. “Didn’t I do it right before?”

“You did,” she said, “And I’m proud of you, but there’s something else.”

“Okay. What is it?”

“Your parents will tell you this tomorrow,” she said, “But we wrote a legend a long time ago of this specific event. Your sister cannot fight and your sister cannot be in the chosen ones.”

“What? Why not?”

“We can’t tell you that,” Odyss said, “But just know that everything that’s about to happen is happening for a reason. You and Jasmine need to be separated. It is the only way. You cannot get close.”

“But she’s my sister.”

“I know this is hard,” Caprika said, “But I promise you it will all make sense.”

I nodded, “Okay.”

“It’ll be okay,” Caprika told me. “There’s a reason for all of this.”

“I believe in you.”

She smiled, “Then that’s all you need to know.”

            I sat up and looked over at my clock. It’s still the middle of the night. Pilote lay next to me and I slipped out of his arms. I sat on the edge of the bed with my head in my hands. Pilote heard me and sat up.

“Is everything okay?”

I nodded, “Just a dream.”

“What was it about?”

“Caprika and Odyss came to me again, but this time it was different. They’re trying to tell me something without actually saying it. I can tell the chosen ones, but I can’t tell my parents. It was so weird. They said the chosen ones can be like my family, but my parents can’t. They said there was a reason for it and it would all make sense later; I just have to obey them now.”

“What exactly do they want you to do?”

“Jasmine can’t be in the chosen ones and she can’t fight in the war. They wouldn’t tell me anything else except not to tell Jasmine or my parents.”