Chapter 47: Battle with the Humans

“Nikki!” I called to her.

“Yeah?” She walked up to me.

“Do you see about a mile down the road where reporters are gathered?”

“Yeah.”

“Talk to them.”

“What? Why me?”

“Just trust me,” I told her, “and I will go with you. We will go over there and talk to the humans. I will start and you will join in.”

“Why me? Why can’t someone else do it?”

I sighed, “Because Seth told me something and I have a feeling you’re the only one that can help me. Please?”

“You’re the leader I can’t exactly say no.”

I smiled, “Good let’s go.”

“What about me?” The leader asked.

“You come too,” I nodded, “But we talk.”

“Got it.”

                        Our Tigma speed worked most of the way but we slowed down a couple yards to the reporters. I heard most of them gasp, but the ones in front bombarded us with questions. Most of them asked who we were, what we were, and if we were here to hurt them. One even asked a question about us being aliens. That’s a weird one. I approached closer, with Nikki and the Silthra leader close behind. One reporter in the middle approached me and held out a microphone.

“Who are you and why are you here?”

“My name is Rolla Carter,” I answered, “and I am part of a race called the Tigmas. I am part human and part cat. My friend here is part of a race called Silthra and he is part human and part snake. We are not here to hurt you, I promise. I have been living among humans my entire life and so have a few of my friends.”

“Where did you come from?”

“We have always been here,” I replied. “There was a war a long time ago that forced races like us into hiding. Many tried to kill us so we’ve been in hiding ever since.”

“What happened here today? If you’re not here to hurt us then why is there an army here? Why so many soldiers and so many weapons?”

“We were threated,” I replied immediately, “And when our race is threatened we step up and protect ourselves no matter what the cost. It took fighting for us to reach common ground. It is okay now.”

“Why come forward now? What’s different?”

“We’re tired of hiding. We want our freedom. We want to live among you peacefully instead of in the shadows.”

                        I looked back at Nikki, signally her it was time. I stepped back while she stepped up. If my feeling is right she will barely have to say a word.

“Who are you? Are you one of them too?”

“I am Nikki and I am a…”

                        She trailed off and I smiled. I’m right. Caprika and Odyss are right and Seth was right. Nikki’s binding the Tigmas with the humans. I did not figure out how until Jasmine told me her soul mate was a Silthra. That’s when I got the feeling about Nikki. The only way she can bind our race with the humans is if her soul mate is one of them. I stood next to Nikki and followed her gaze. A young camera man next to the lady talking to us lowered his camera and set it on the ground.