Chapter 11

Chapter 11

I thought about Jasmine's secret a lot and decided it might be best if we acted like teenagers for a while. I took Seth's offer to join the same club Seth joined. Everyone in the group was brilliant in different ways and we pushed each other to achieve more. One day instead of going to our regular meetings or practices we all skipped and went to the store to buy art supplies. We went back home and started a painting project in the meeting room.

"What is the point of this?" John asked. "I suck at painting."

I replied, "So do I, but that's not the point."

Teegan frowned at her canvas, "What is the point exactly?"

"We are painting for memories. The walls in our house are bare. We need decorations! We are each going to paint a picture to hang in the house somewhere."

"What do we paint?" Layal asked.

"Anything," I answered, "But make it personal. Paint a picture of yourself or paint a picture of a memory or paint a picture of us. We need to be able to smile at it every time we walk passed it."

Jasmine smile, "I think this is a great idea! Thanks for listening to me."

"We're sisters," I smiled back. "I listened to all of you closely when I heard your secrets and I think we could all do something to make us feel more confident about them. Besides, we need more personal touches to this house."

The chosen ones had more fun than they expected to. John hated the idea at first, but he had a grin on his face when he finished and all of us wanted his painting in the living room for us to look at every day. He finished his painting first and came back to work on a second one after framing the first and hanging it in the living room.

"What about this?" Carlot held up her painting. She painted the moment Jasmine and I met in the meeting room. Jasmine and I were suspended in the air and the other chosen ones surrounded us. She painted the moment perfectly. I loved the addition of the light surrounding all of us and the glitter she added for an embellishment.

"That's incredible Carlot!"

She shrugged with a smile. I knew how proud she felt. The others gathered around to admire it. "I didn't know I had the talent to do this."

"What made you choose that moment?" Selma asked.

"It's my favorite," she answered. "This is the moment we all met. The meaning of my life came together at this moment. The destinies we waited our entire lives for started at this moment. It seems only appropriate that we immortalize the moment with a painting."

"We should hang it in the library," Vince suggested. "It would look perfect on that blank wall next to the door."

Carlot smiled, "I agree. I'll be back."

"No I can do it," Vince said. "I'm not having much luck with mine anyway."

"Thanks Vince," Carlot laughed.

Seth, Vince, Teegan, and I realized we did not have the artistic eye the others had, but we made a deal to hang all of them up so we hung a few up in the living room, Carlot's in the library, and the others in the hallway between our bedroom doors. We sat in the living room when we finished. Layal insisted on cooking dinner and Vince made us all drinks.

"I like your idea today," Teegan told me.

I smiled, "Thanks Tee, but I can't take all the credit. Pilote and I talked about it a couple times before we decided to bring it up to everyone."