Chapter 2

Book 1: Tiger's Eye

Book 2: Concealment

Book 3: Ignited

Chapter 2

"Get out of the house!" someone yelled at me through the phone. What the hell? I looked over at the clock: 1:00 am.

"Excuse me?!" I exclaimed, "Do you know what time it is? Who is this?"

"You have five minutes!" he yelled, "There's a bomb!"

"I'll get my parents" I said.

"No, it's a trap. They set it."

"Are you the one sending me emails?" I asked, although I already knew the answer. I partially wished I could smack this person over the phone. Sending me strange emails is one thing, but calling me in the middle of the night is a whole other annoying situation.

"Protector, remember?" he said, "Now do it."

"How do I know you are telling the truth?" I asked him in response.

I could hear him groaning through the phone. "If you don't believe me then check for yourself."

"Yeah right," I scoffed, "Because I know exactly where my parents would hide a bomb in my house."

"Check your dad's study."

I sat up in bed, setting my phone on my night stand, and stood up. I took my robe from the closet and put it on before walking down the stairs. Poking my head through the doorway I did not hear anything. After looking around I snuck into my dad's office. His desk sat by the window. I don't notice anything out of place, but that stranger seemed absolutely sure my parents placed a bomb in here. I walked around the desk, and there I spotted it. Between the desk and the chair sat a bomb. "Oh no," I gasped and looked at the timer: I had 10 minutes.

I ran up the stairs as quietly as I could. I found the largest duffle bag I owned and packed all of my most important belongings into it. I unplugged my computer from the wall and packed that in the bag too. I looked around making sure I did not forget any of the necessities and zipped the bag closed. Opening the window first, I put the bag over my shoulder and climbed out the window. I landed on my feet after jumping from the window. If this stranger is right I hope my parents do not hear me. My bag went to the top of the wall first before I climbed up. I gently dropped my bag from the wall before climbing over myself. My feet flew below me faster than I have ever run before and I climbed up a tree in someone's yard half a mile down the road when I thought I was far enough away.

I wanted to see the explosion. I needed to. I can't believe my new found stalker. I took my phone out of my duffle bag and looked at the time. If calculations are correct the bomb should go off a minute from now. Another minute went by on my phone when a car passed the tree I sat in. My eyes transformed to the tiger eyes I grew to love and I looked closely into the car window: my parents. The back seat looked packed with things. My heart dropped into my chest; they are laughing. How could a stalker be right about my parents? How can a stalker figure out my parents want to kill me? How did I not see it? Why would they kill me? They love me. My thoughts distracted me from the explosion itself. I almost fell out of the tree. My hands blocked my face from the wind and heat coming from the explosion. Debris and fire flew everything. I heard people screaming and running into their yards to see where the noise came from. My neighbors ran for their phones and little children cried as sirens went off around town.

Feet and back I practically glued myself to the tree. I have no way to explain this explosion. I cannot get caught. In a matter of minutes the neighborhood seemed destroyed. Police showed up as did the firefighters to put out the rest of the fire. Neighbors waited their turn to give the police officers their statements and I stayed in the tree. I turned my eyes back to human eyes and I looked at the setting around me. These people stood in their yard watching, but they did not see me. Their homes were not affected, but they watched with curiosity. I waited for it to go away. My parents expected me to be in that house. The two people in this world I thought I could trust tried to kill me. The only two people in my life want me dead. What do I do now? I tried to sleep in the tree hoping the morning would change things.